What's new

Last Comic Standing?? (1 Viewer)

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Is anyone else watching this show?? I think it was a briliant idea, and it seems to be playing out nicely. There are some really funny people in this house, and it is getting more interesting by the episode.

I'm starting this thread because I was absolutely shocked by the outcome of the show this past Tuesday. Was anyone blown away by seeing Dat win and Dave lose???? I think that Dave was the BEST stand up comedian in the house, and I'm calling it a major upset.

This is the first reality series that I have enjoyed since the first season of Survivor.

Hopefully I'm not alone :)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I also love this show, but the "New York Connection" kind of pisses me off. That guy Rich is just a jerk, but he is "the Don" and tells everyone who to vote for. I think that Dave was very funny during the prelims, and his other one-on-one competition, but was a little flat against Dat. I felt sorry for how Dat was being treated in the house (is the easy guy to pick on, so everyone does). As for as the rest of them goes...I think that Tess is going to win the whole thing, so it doesn't really matter who gets voted for. I also thought it wasn't fare that they changed the rules last week. They originally said that once it gets down to six, they will all go to Vegas for the final, winner takes all show. Now they are saying that they are only taking five, and there is one more single elimination remaining. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is the only new show I watch nowadays.

Fans of the now-defunct Opie and Anthony show are very familiar with Rich Voss. He was constantly picked on by the O&A crew, so it's hilarious that he's in this show. The material he did on his first show to get into the house was so old. In fact, that line "I owe my daughter money... and I'm dodging her" is so old and was always quoted by O&A when making fun of him.

I was pulling for Dat in the beginning of the show, but he really got annoying. He's a very depressing person. Comedians shouldn't be depressing.

Dave Mordel was hilarious and I agreed with Corey that his wit is much more interesting than Dat's clowning.

I don't think Tess is so funny, myself. I've seen scores of comedians do the same schtick but much better. She's just very personable and likeable, giving her an edge in the contests.

I think it's a shame that Rob guy got eliminated last week. He had a bit of that Andy Kaufman thing going on, and I liked his act more than the fat dude. He and Dave were my two favorites on the show and they're gone.

I want to see Geoff be challenged. He is the "sleeper" of the house- no one challenges him, he makes no noise, and he quietly snuck into the finals.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I like Ralphie May and I was also shocked that Dave was booted. I think he is a much better all-around comedian than Dat. Dat is a guy that had a good set, but has to plan it. Dave, is a comedian that is quick and is naturally funny. That is why I think he was hard on Dat. Dat approached his routine like a homework assignment. While, Dave thinks that comedy should come naturally and off the cuff. My wife and I thought Dave's routine was funnier that Dat's. But, we were in the minority.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This show is truly one of the best Reality shows on TV and surprisingly well thought out.

The only two comedians I've seen before are Rich and Dave. Rich is on Colin Quinn's Tough Crowd a lot. I've always found him funny and just 'playing tough'.

I was pulling for Dat at first because he really is just a nice guy and had a lot of grief put on him with everyone ganging up on him but he has gotten very annoying. His routine against Dave started off very strong, but then it just sank and ended very poorly. I hate one note jokes and that is pretty much all his routine was. The same "ha look at me do a funny stereotypical accent' joke. Dave on the other hand is an excellent writer, very witty, and a very strong comedian. That wasn't his best bit however and it is sad that he is now gone.

Tess, I absolutely HATE! She is so full of it, and to me that type of personally just rubs me the wrong way. Of course the audiences don't get to see what happens behind the scenes, so she actually has that going for her.

The rest are pretty much just people in the house.

I do like the challenges they have to do. Pretty interesting and funny stuff. Although this past weeks picture thing was probably the worst of them. Getting people to come to your show however was very cool to watch. I do comedy as well and know what it is like to perform for 3 or so people. It is interesting to watch these guys pretty much do the same.

Overall I'm hoping for Rich Vos. He probably isn't the favorite and my guess is putting a lot of people off but it is mostly an act. He is a nice guy as well, just a smartass. :)

CarlV

Stunt Coordinator
I was pulling for Dat in the beginning of the show, but he really got annoying. He's a very depressing person. Comedians shouldn't be depressing.
Well wouldn't you be depressed if you were bullied by everyone else in the house.

The look on Dave's face was priceless when he lost to Dat. He is just too cocky and got what he deserved. I think Dat's skit does get kinda old, he will need some new material if he is has any chace of winning the final round.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I don't think Tess is really full of herself. A lot of heavy female black comedians play off that whole "diva," BBW thing. It's quite common and, like I said, I've just seen others do it better.

Well wouldn't you be depressed if you were bullied by everyone else in the house
He was bullied because he was so annoying. Especially in the last episode- his whole speech about how the winner shoule save the world and have honor. Is he a samurai or a comedian?

And I can understand how the other comics are annoyed that he flat-out stated that stand-up is just a "stepping stone" to TV, while they're all professional comics.

I must say I was pleased with the first two eliminations. Whiny, wimpy Sean and the over-emotional "cha cha cha" chick annoyed me off the bat.

Rich Voss is alright as a comedian, but he would never stand a chance in a challenge with many of the comics that have been on the show.

Since all my favorite comics here have been eliminated, I guess I'm rooting for Corey now.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Was anyone blown away by seeing Dat win and Dave lose????

Kind of, but you never know the taste of the audience that voted for them.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the home audience vote, to see who appeals to a wider group?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It's about time someone made a thread for this show.

I think Ralphie is by far the funniest. How hot is his girlfriend?

I haven't liked the way most of the people have treated Dat. Dat had two really good acts before, but the one he had against Dave was weak and the Asian accent got old really fast. I'm glad he won though because the looks of shock on the other comedians' faces were priceless.

~T

dan fritzen

Second Unit
You guys could actually understand what Dat Fan was saying? I could not nor could I believe he was funnier than Dave. From what I understood of Dat he needs orignal jokes.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
I don't think so, because the home audience would vote based on their personalities.
Personally, I would have no problem throwing aside personalities and voting for the funniest comic. I think Dave was a jerk to Dat, but I would have voted for him hands down as he had the better routine. To echo some other statements, I felt like Dat just had one joke, the funny accent. Kind of amusing, but it gets old real quick.

I do really enjoy seeing the challenge/contests. Its very interesting to see which people go all out, and which people just mess around because the don't care or are convinced they can't be beat in a show down.

I'm looking forward to next week...

CarlV

Stunt Coordinator
He was bullied because he was so annoying.
Oh because he is different it's ok to bullie him. :thumbsdown:

Also I don't think they bullied him because he was annoying, they bullied him because they thought he was not funny and didn't deserve to be there.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Oh because he is different it's ok to bullie him.
Yep. Comics rip on each other all the time. Go to any small club where you see comics running in to each other constantly; watch Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, etc. If a comic can't take it and dish some back, he's in the wrong business.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I don't remember Dat being annoying to anyone until this week's episode, and he revealed that he would start to go crazy in preparation for his act. I thought he had some really funny material in his first two acts: the stuff about Asians trying to conquer the world through nail saloons, and how he wasn't good at math in high school and students around him would fail their exams too.

~T

Vin

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming the audience that chose Dat over Dave was hearing the both of them for the first time. Having watched the show from the beginning I think Dave is clearly the most talented of the bunch but his last set would not have made a good first impression on me. Dat, on the other hand had a better than average set, IMO.

I think the obese Ralphie May is sort of funny but he's no John Pinette!

Rich Voss, I could take him or leave him....I'm kind of tired of his, "I stink", "you stink", "he stinks" line. Maybe I heard too much of it from his appearances on the now defunct O & A show. I think his funniest line so far was his comment about Ralphie's girlfriend being a 10 and he (Rich) does 1500 crunches a day and can't get a 4 to call him back!

I think Corey is funnier than Tess and Geoff....she's my pick to win.

Vin

Vin

Supporting Actor
Dat sends another one packing! He's creaming the competition with 70+% of the audience votes the last two weeks....the crowd loves this guy!

I thought Geoff had a pretty good set too but it seems Dat is the man! This is definitely getting interesting....

Anyone else still watching?

Vin

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
He's a very depressing person. Comedians shouldn't be depressing.
Obviously, you haven't spent much time with comics. They can be some of the most neurotic, psychotic and many other 'otic people around.

A lot are the "laughing on the outside, crying on the inside" types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks