What's new

Coverart: lots of Sept 2 Universal DVDs (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
I'll be getting The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Shakiest Gun in the West. 2 GREAT Knotts movies.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That is some of the worst art that I've ever seen. At least , I'm not planning on buying any of those.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Are they kidding with that FLETCH LIVES cover? Has MGM taken over the Universal art department? Good grief that's ugly...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
C'mon. It's not THAT bad. Besides, what's more important, the cover art or the DVD??? Sorry, just getting a little sick and tired of people ALWAYS complaining about the cover art. This is getting ridiculous...:frowning:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Into the Night ain't bad. Michelle Pfieffer circa 1985 would make anything look good, even the Real Genius cover art.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the fletch lives vhs cover at our blockbuster has the gone with the wind like, cover.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Anybody got the cover art for the "Amazon Women On The Moon" Special Edition? I hope they didn't Photoshop that one.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I, too, prefer the original "Into The Night" cover.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
the fletch lives vhs cover at our blockbuster has the gone with the wind like, cover.
Darn! I know I have seen that cover before! Maybe Universal is using the back of the VHS cover instead? :D

Edit: Or maybe it is a older VHS cover that I remember (I did rent the flick over ten years ago!)?

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
C'mon. It's not THAT bad. Besides, what's more important, the cover art or the DVD??? Sorry, just getting a little sick and tired of people ALWAYS complaining about the cover art. This is getting ridiculous...
I know what you mean about complaints about coverart ... the usual quip is that it must have been done in 30 minutes time by a 15 year-old using Photoshop .. etc.

But these Don Knott covers are pretty lame .....

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
it would have been nice to have seen the original Bill Stout art on More American Graffiti, but i'll be picking it up anyway.

i wonder if some of the illustrators have clauses in their contracts that would require re-negotiating for use of the illo on more than one format?
i would have thought the studio would just own the full illo repro rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks