Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Coverart: lots of Sept 2 Universal DVDs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   James L White

James L White

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

I'll be getting all of these. not bad art IMOPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Samsung HL-S5688W 56" DLP
Panasonic TC-P50X1 50" Plasma TV (bedroom)
Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD's
Panasonic BMP-BD60
Sony BDP300 Blu Rays (bedroom)

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Travis D

Travis D

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 08:58 PM

I'll be getting The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Shakiest Gun in the West. 2 GREAT Knotts movies.
*Child holds up Fullscreen version*
Child : Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Rings! Daddy, what does it say at the top? I can't read it.
Father : There are few who can. The language is that of Mordor, which I shall not utter here.
Child : Mordor?
Father : In the common tongue, it reads, 'One...

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 16 2003 - 08:57 PM

You forgot one 9/2 Universal title...

Posted Image

James - You must be George McFly at dvdaf, huh? Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

• 495 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:58 AM

Fletch Lives... Well, we have a new candidate for worst cover art of the year..

what was wrong with this:

Posted Image

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,646 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:34 AM

matt i was going to say they same thing.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:43 AM

That is some of the worst art that I've ever seen. At least , I'm not planning on buying any of those.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   rutger_s

rutger_s

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:52 AM

I usually never complain about cover art but WTF happened to Don Knotts face?!

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   Kenneth English

Kenneth English

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 07:17 AM

Are they kidding with that FLETCH LIVES cover? Has MGM taken over the Universal art department? Good grief that's ugly... Posted Image

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 07:34 AM

C'mon. It's not THAT bad. Besides, what's more important, the cover art or the DVD??? Sorry, just getting a little sick and tired of people ALWAYS complaining about the cover art. This is getting ridiculous...Posted Image
There is no spoon...
but there is a fork with a cork!

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 07:48 AM

Into the Night ain't bad. Michelle Pfieffer circa 1985 would make anything look good, even the Real Genius cover art.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Gary->dee

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

• 1,923 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 07:54 AM

I'll definitely be getting Into The Night and More American Graffiti.

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:09 PM

I dunno if it's the ugliest of them all, but it sure doesn't compare too well:

Posted ImagePosted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:19 PM

Looks like they reused the Fletch Lives VHS cover.

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Dan Shogren

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:35 PM

[quote] Real Genius Cover [quote]

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! YOU CANT GO AROUND JUST FLASHING THAT THING AT ANYBODY! Oh the horra, THE HORRA!!

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,694 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:34 PM

The coverart for Into The Night is really lame....why can't they use the excellent original theatre poster art for this one instead?Posted Image
Recently watched- April Love, Summer Lovers, Journey To The Center Of The Earth(1959), The Bounty, Mississippi Burning, The Wolf Of Wall Street, First Men In The Moon, The Jewel Of The Nile, Romancing The Stone, They Live, Into The Storm, John Wick, Finding Nemo 3D, Drag Me To Hell, It Follows, Ninja III: The Domination, Ravenous, The Big Lebowski

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 4, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 5, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection

"Hey Fellas! Look what I found in my pocket. Look...a year's salary, right here! You know what I call them? Fun Coupons!"

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,646 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 17 2003 - 01:58 PM

the fletch lives vhs cover at our blockbuster has the gone with the wind like, cover.
facebook.com/whotony

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,676 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:02 PM

Anybody got the cover art for the "Amazon Women On The Moon" Special Edition? I hope they didn't Photoshop that one. Sincerely, John Kilduff... I, too, prefer the original "Into The Night" cover.
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:14 PM

[quote] the fletch lives vhs cover at our blockbuster has the gone with the wind like, cover. [quote]
Darn! I know I have seen that cover before! Maybe Universal is using the back of the VHS cover instead? Posted Image

Edit: Or maybe it is a older VHS cover that I remember (I did rent the flick over ten years ago!)?

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted July 17 2003 - 02:46 PM

[quote] C'mon. It's not THAT bad. Besides, what's more important, the cover art or the DVD??? Sorry, just getting a little sick and tired of people ALWAYS complaining about the cover art. This is getting ridiculous... [quote]

I know what you mean about complaints about coverart ... the usual quip is that it must have been done in 30 minutes time by a 15 year-old using Photoshop .. etc.

But these Don Knott covers are pretty lame .....

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted July 17 2003 - 08:30 PM

Posted Image

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users