Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV Guide article: SG-1 season 8 is confirmed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 04:42 PM

The article won't be out until next week, but... http://www.gateworld....58371937,3257,

Kind of wish they got Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping on the cover, too, but... oh well. In a perfect world, all five current cast membres and Corin Nemec would fit on the cover.

Season eight and Atlantis. This leads to some possibilities, including a season of SG-1 and Atlantis crossing over (hopefully, more like the Buggy/Angel crossovers than the TNG/DS9 ones). That would prove to be interesting.

But TV Guide is now proclaiming "Forget Trek!"
Go to see the film An Inconvenient Truth - one of the most important films of a generation.

Watch the I've Got Munchies podcast.

#2 of 13 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 07:50 PM

Sweet news! I'd still like to see more lost city of the ancients plot-line, but so far I've enjoyed this season.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#3 of 13 Peter Miller

Peter Miller

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 08:39 AM

Well...

You're going to get an entire series devoted to the lost city of the ancients plot line. Atlantis is the lost city which is where the new show is going to be based. Supposedly Jonas is going to be one of the cast members on the new show.

Peter Miller
Pete's Movie Page | My DVD's | My Blog

#4 of 13 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted July 17 2003 - 08:45 AM

I can't wait. I'm very excited for both season 8 and Atlantis. I'll have to pick up the TV Guide to get the full scoop, such as how many eps RDA has signed on for, and if Jonas will be part of the Atlantis cast.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#5 of 13 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 04:43 PM

I don't mean to turn this into a Farscape thread, but while I'm glad SG-1 is getting Season 8, it looks like Bonnie Hammer couldn't help but take another cheap shot at Farscape in an article about the SG-1's renewal in today's New York Post:

Quote:
"A lot of other science fiction series either become too complicated or start to take themselves too seriously," says SCI FI president Bonnie Hammer.

" 'Stargate' is smart, but it doesn't make people do homework," she says.

#6 of 13 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 20 2003 - 02:00 AM

Bonnie Hammer's been shooting her mouth off a lot lately, biting the hand that fed them for a decade again and again

#7 of 13 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted July 21 2003 - 01:52 AM

Of course, Hammer is absolutely right about Stargate in this case - for a seven-year-old show, it is extremely easy for a new viewer to jump in, which is unusual for a genre show, and probably a big part of why it's getting renewed.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#8 of 13 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 21 2003 - 03:07 AM

It's getting renewed because it's doing about 30% better in the ratings than any other show they've ever had

#9 of 13 Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 06:22 AM

I don't have Showtime and only started watching Stargate SG1 during this summer and I must say I'm hooked on the show.

You're right when you say it's easy to jump in after 7 seasons. The show really is smart but it is not complicated at all. The cast looks to be having a good time and that translates well onscreen.

I've been watching the episodes aired on Friday nights. I think they're the new ones but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm enjoying them. And what's surprising, I even got my wife hooked on it (she's not into sci-fi that much). I think we'll rent the DVDs to catch the show from the beginning.

Not for nothing but Sci-Fi Channel is right for standing behind this show 100%. I hate them for cancelling some other very good shows but I can't blame them for sticking with Stargate SG1. It is that good.
Andres

#10 of 13 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 06:56 AM

Quote:
I've been watching the episodes aired on Friday nights. I think they're the new ones but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm enjoying them. And what's surprising, I even got my wife hooked on it (she's not into sci-fi that much). I think we'll rent the DVDs to catch the show from the beginning.

Why not pick up season 1-4? There's a HUGE sale on them at Best Buy this week Posted Image See the roundup in coupons and bargains

#11 of 13 GordonL

GordonL

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 08:48 AM

Costco has a slightly better deal. Season 4 for $40 plus an additional $10 off if you buy any one of the previous season sets.

#12 of 13 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 11:20 AM

how much are one of those trial costco memberships? I need 3 and 4 and at $35 a season, cha-ching

#13 of 13 GordonL

GordonL

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 12:03 PM

In the past, they had one day memberships and you pay 5% over the posted price. Don't know if they still do that though. Full membership is now $45 but it's worth it because you do get good deals on lots of stuff. For instance, they had the same deal on Buffy box sets - $40 plus another $10 off on a previous Buffy or Angel set. BTW, if anyone is looking for the Alias Season 1 set, it's also available for $40, which is about the best everyday price I've seen. Circuit City advertised it for that this week but apparently only got a handful of copies per store, the stores near me are sold out.

Forum Nav Content I Follow