What's new

New TV-to-DVD: The Critic, Barney Miller, King of Queens (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Paramount will release an I Love Lucy: The Complete First Season box set on September 23rd. No details have been released yet, but my guess is that the separate volumes released (seven to date, with vol. 8 & 9 also due on the 23rd) will be collected and focused onto fewer discs. Retail is $99.99

USA Today has an article on Dreamworks' upcoming Spin City discs. Some series mentioned for upcoming DVD release include classic soap operas General Hospital and All My Children, Jon Lovitz's animated The Critic, The King of Queens and Barney Miller.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
In regards to I Love Lucy..
Glad I stopped after the 1st 2 volumes. According to a few e-tailers the list is $124.95 which leads me to believe this is just a repackaging of the 9 volumes just as they are.($15 x 9 discs = $135.00) So $125.00 list sounds like the 9 disc in a box. I hope for future Seasons they do it with less discs though and drop the single disc releases. They could easily do each Season and the extras on 5-6 discs.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Woohoo!!!

The Critic!!!

I'm gleefully awaiting this series release on DVD. For those of you who enjoyed family guy, give these episodes a spin and bask in the glory that is Jay Sherman. :D

Moe.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
THE CRITIC!

That is the best news I have heard all week! I am so getting that one! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
When I read about The Critic at your site, Patrick, I was ecstatic. Thanks for the terrific news! :D

Daniel J.S.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to "The Critic"; it was just as funny as "The Simpsons". Will the sets have both the ABC and the FOX series? By the way, recently I've been looking at the archives at snpp.com and it seems that the "critics" all seemed to hate "The Critic". I'd see countless comments from the blowhards like "oh, I'd expect this kind of thing from 'The Critic' but not 'The Simpsons'" in a clearly negative tone. What gives? Is it just another example of these guys not being happy unless they're complaining about the show (can you tell I dislike most of the newsgroup reviewers?)?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Any update on the Critic? I've heard February but can't find anything official.
Daniel, I don't know what's up with people detesting the genius that was the Critic. I know people that love it and others that think it was the worst show on TV. Go figure.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Thank you David. I seem to have a habit of asking questions three seconds before they're answered on tvshowsondvd.:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Or maybe I just knew the answers all along and your questions prompt me to post the news. :wink:

...Naaaaaaaaahh! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks