Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

projection TV screen scratch

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   shaneT

• 21 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 04:28 AM

Hello, I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now and am very impressed by the amounts of knowledge available in this communnity. I recently purchased the last key component to my home theater, a 60" phillips hdtv. I bought the tv for used, and very very cheap. However, there is a blemish or scratch (perhaps it's more of a scuff) on the screen. I have a few questions. 1. is the outer screen just a removable protective cover, behind which is the real screen ? 2. Does anyone know of any sort of polish or buffing compound i can use to attempt to get rid of this?
hit my car, everyone else does

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,727 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 04:42 AM

I'm moving this to the Display Devices section, Shane. I think you will attract the attention of other Philips owners there. If this scuffing is on an outer protective screen, no great loss if you can simply remove it. Most ISF techs prefer the protective screen be removed anyway.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 08:14 PM

Try typing Scratch in the search this forum box. See what you can come up with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users