Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Farscape Miniseries in the works??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 01:21 AM

Check out this article at IGN FilmForce. If (big if) this is true it would be great news, but I'm very wary of getting my hopes up until we get an official word from Henson or someone involved with Farscape. With that being said, keep your fingers crossed for this weekend! Posted Image

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 04:28 AM

[quote] From the article:
A representative for the Sci-Fi Channel confirmed to IGN FilmForce that the network knows nothing about a Farscape mini-series. If Sci-Fi is not involved with a new Farscape mini, then where would it run? [quote]I'm hoping for Showtime. Aeryn and Crichton could really get busy...

Edit: anyone going to ComicCon?
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,256 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted July 16 2003 - 06:52 AM

this would be great news if true and who knows could lead to another season if successful... here's hoping

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 08:30 AM

oh my. I love Aeryn Posted Image
Owner, Skiing Ninja

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 12:15 PM

Dammit, just when I was getting over the fact that it was indeed OVER...

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   johnbr

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 12:26 PM

I hope it is in hdtv and dd6.1 if it is true.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 04:29 PM

[quote] Dammit, just when I was getting over the fact that it was indeed OVER... [quote]

With the fact that the Henson family is buying back their company, Farscape being "over" for good is premature, Especially since Brian Henson knows the value of the franchise.

Jason

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 05:46 PM

.oO(Thinking positive thoughts!)

Fantastic news if true. In the meantime I'm keeping my eye on savefarscape.com. Posted Image

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 21 2003 - 12:44 AM

ComicCon came and went and no announcement, but Henson is still committed to Fasrcape. From SaveFarscape:

[quote] The basic word is this: They had no major announcement to make, the panelists were aware of the rumor, The Jim Henson Company is just as firmly committed to the Farscape Project as ever, [quote]

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Art_Courville

Art_Courville

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted July 21 2003 - 03:06 PM

I'm hoping for HDNet . . . .

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 07:59 AM

I went to the Comic Con and listened to the panal and there was no definite word on the series future but he said something to the effect that they were doing everything they could to bring it back. It was great to see everyone in person and Ben even made a call to Claudia and had everyone yell something into her Answering machine. I have to say that they guy that played Rygel was a hoot. Its funny after the convention was over and a few hours later, I was coming out of Pizza place in Hillcrest and saw Wayne (Scorpius) having dinner with a couple of friends.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted July 22 2003 - 02:39 PM

I think most people are trying not to get their hopes up. Whether or not there are talks going on, I'd say the article is premature. Whatever the case, as soon as there is word from Henson or any other company involved, it'll be all over the internet. Still, it's great to know that so many involved are dedicated to doing something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users