What's new

My Theater is finally done.!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I put the finsing coat of touch up paint on the room today and made the offcial call...the room is done! The wife and I celebrated with a bottle of sparkling wine and a movie. 5 months worth of work and I am so proud of what I've done. Here is the link to the photo album. Most of the pics are pretty bad because I don't know how to take a lowlight picture. The last few pictures are of the game room(downstairs family room).

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jeff:

It looks great from what I can tell. How about taking some pictures of the layout with the lights on. That way we can see the walls, etc.

Parker

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
That's the problem Parker, those pictures ARE with the lights on :frowning: . The top of the walls are black velvet and the bottom is burgundy velvet and they just eat any light coming their way.

Brian, I have all CDM's up front as you can tell, the surrounds and rear surrounds are matching 602 S3's.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jeff:

Well......that IS a problem then.

Great looking room for sure. I know you are really proud of it and I wanted to see all the details.

Great job.

Parker

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Eric.
Parker, I'm going to try and take some pics with my 500watt light shining in the room as well to see if that helps. I was doing it earlier but the battery died.

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Really nice!
Belive me, I know its difficult to take photos in a theater..
But Im sure it will work if you take the 500W lamp.

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff A+++ install. Do you have a screen shot of your equipment room? Isn't it an oxymoron for a theaterphille to say he is done?! LoL. I am never done :) Clean, innovative install you should be proud to post it on HTF.

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I added 1200 watts of light to the room for picture day. I deleted all the old pics and added the brighter ones. I've also added some pics of my equiptment rack and the carpet for the riser. My eq. rack is hiding in a niche at the front left of the room behind the screen. Here is the new link.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

I just added a pic of the room before it's treatment so you can get a sense of what happened.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

Great job! I know how exciting it can be (as well as how much work is involved!) Terrific room! Have you got HD in your theater yet?

Bob

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Is it working yet Pam?
Bob, yes I do have HD via DirecTV HD package and my Marantz Vp12s2. HD is awesome in there. Been missing my HD hockey though, can't wait for next season to start again.

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine
Theater looks GREAT! Superb job!

Not to sure about the wall colors in the game room (I thought I was at a Led Zeppelin concert). Since those were the first pics to come up I thought at first THAT was your theater room. Now that would be an ORIGINAL theater color scheme! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks