Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

FilmJerk Gives 'Blade 3' Script an A-

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 11:41 AM

I am looking forward to Blade 3

The script is action-packed and if Goyer can apply the same stylistic flair to the screen that Guillermo del Toro did, we have another bona fide hit on our hands. The story is light on drama and character development as you might expect it to be, but it is an entertaining read nonetheless. Goyer does fail to make use of the elements at hand though. He sets up an interesting angle by having the humans hunt Blade, but barely puts it to use. In a lot of ways, "Blade III" is just an amped up version of "Blade II," but not enough to cause complaint. Goyer does a good job of taking what worked in the other films and applying it to the new storyline. This time there is an urgency in Blades crusade. The vampires are planning a sort of apocalyptic takeover and the biggest, baddest vampire ever is on the loose. Blade must be gung-ho in his actions without running back into the hands of the corrupt authorities. Success means no more bloodsuckers. Failure means no more humans. Cue up the techno music. Its ass-kicking time.

Hit the link below for the full review, along with a few heavy spoilers!

http://www.countingd....tem_id=3136330
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#2 of 3 Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 04:14 PM

Good for Marvel. Posted Image

~Edwin
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#3 of 3 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 01:23 AM

I enjoyed the first two movies immensely, better then quite a few toned-down transaltions to the big screen.. I'll be looking forward to this one Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07