What's new

Why did Kim Delany leave CSI Miami? (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I meant to ask this a long time ago. I apologize if this has already been discussed (although I could not find anything about this doing a search).

So did she leave or did they fire her? What's the scoop?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
"twitchy" was horrible on CSI Miami, she also didn't interact well with the rest of the cast and cheapened Emily Proctor's role, who was originally slated to be the lead female role.

Rob T

Screenwriter
The rumour that I heard was that the writers had nowhere to go with her character and she agreed with them and left.

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that Delany wanted to be the lead dog on the show and pushed so hard for it she pushed her way out of the series instead.

Also I think the producers were hoping for the same type of chemistry that William Peterson and Marg Helgenberger on CSI have. However if you watch some of the re-runs of CSI Miami episodes with her in it, clearly she and Caruso did not gel well. In fact I don't think she was gelling well with most of the cast.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
She was added after much of the outlining for the episodes was done I believe and lets face it, while overall I like the show, the writing has never been the strong point. They probably didn't have the time to really make her character gel with the rest of the cast. Plus there are the rumors of her drinking and being difficult to work with. She went through a bad year or so with the whole Philly thing and hopefully she can get things back on track as she is a good actress IMO.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I agree with you Lee, Kim's had a bad year and she's proven herself to be a darn good actress over the years, CSI Miami just wasn't for her. I watched her in "Philly" and thought she did very good,I thought the show was entertaining and got the short end of the stick when it got canceled. It was alot better than some of the reality shows out there.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
David Caruso

Come on now...Caruso is on the scene and nobody is gonna suggest that maybe he's at least part of the reason? The dude has a history.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Reports I read said that she had difficulty reciting the technobabble jargon and the producers realized that there was nowhere for her character to go.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand the part about the writers not having anywhere to go with her character.

Why would the writers add a character to a show if they don't know what to do with said character?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks