Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Universal remote help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Denny_Z

Denny_Z

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 05:05 AM

Hello - I am programming my new Sony touch-screen remote RM-AV3000, and I am trying to put in some macros with the component selector buttons (VCR, DVD, etc.) I wanted to program them so that if for example you press VCR, my TV and receiver switch to the VCR inputs, but I also want the receiver to go to a particular sound processing. I have a SONY STR895, and I have to press the A.F.D. button a few times to scroll to the processing I want, which is Pro Logic II, for the VCR for instance. My question is, how do I program my remote to go the correct TV input and receiver sound processing? I ask because the remote will not know what the input & processing modes are at the start of the macro (these could obviously be different at any given time). Does the fact that my video input and sound processing buttons only offer scrolling selection, vs. dedicated individual buttons, prevent me from programming my component buttons in this manner? Thanks and sorry if confusing.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 09:00 AM

this is a common problem. you'll need discrete codes to make this work.

what dc's do is allow you to send a *specific* signal to the component. common ones include power on and power off. you'll have to be sure your component supports dc's too - i think most sony's do.

i'm not sure about your specific remote, but i have the hometheatermaster mx-500. for discrete codes to work on this one, i first have to program them into another remote first. then i send that signal to my mx-500.

hope that make some sense..if not let me know.

also, be sure to check out the forums at remotecentral.com - they have one specifically for sony remotes.

http://www.remotecen....-sony/list.cgi

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Barry BB

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted July 16 2003 - 10:17 AM

As the previous poster said discrete codes are the way to go, but sometimes there is not a discrete code for your equipment. I have a Toshiba TV which does not have discrete codes for the video input. If your equipment does not have the discrete code there is a work around for the TV that you can program into your macro. For many TV's pressing channel up button causes the TV to switch from the current video source to the TV's tuner. Then the video source that you want your TV to go to is a fixed nmber of presses away. For me VIDEO 2 is my DVD player. In my macro I have programmed channel up and then press the video select key twice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users