What's new

Right off the bat: the first problem with "Gigli" (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
How many people are even going to be able to pronounce the title correctly?

"Hey uh, let's go see giggly."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering the same thing. I thought they had changed the title though?

I would just pronounce it like you say above actually.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What the hell is a 'gigli' anyway? Is it a film? A person? The sequel to Gigi?

It's either giggly, or jiggly, or jijjly, or gijjly or [GET OFF STEVE!]

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
It's the name of Ben Affleck's character, Larry Gigli, which I believe is prounounced 'jeelee' but correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I believe you're right, Gary. And from what I've read, the title has been a bone of contention between Martin Brest and the studio for some time. Of course, if the movie's any good, the fact that the title is odd may turn out to be a plus.

M.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
P.S. Why is it that Kevin Smith has to shoot himself in the foot with every film he makes? If he just had the balls to stand up to the studios once in a while, Jersey Girl wouldn't be tied ridiculously to this film, which is now sinking both like a dead weight.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

Very close... :)

The gli combination of letters in Italian is typically pronounced like "lyee," so the proper pronunciation would be something like "jeelyee."

Allow me to use my first post to come out of lurk mode and correct the moviemakers... ;)

Nick

John Doran

Screenwriter
be that as it may, i can tell you what the second problem with gigli is: it stars ben affleck and jennifer lopez.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
How is this film at all related to Jersey Girl? Are they in continuity with each other, or is it just an "Affleck" thing?
Jersey Girl, which has been basically done for months, has been pushed back mainly because of this film. Jersey Girl actually won't be out until Feb of next year. (Personally, that's a crime, since it sounds so much better than this film...)

Jason

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, like Jason said. Smith signed a contract with somebody which requires Jersey Girl to be released after Gigli. So even though it's been pretty much in the can since January, it gets pushed back everytime Gigli gets pushed back. I'm glad they're finally unloading it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You know "The Sun" is like "The Weekly World News", with tits, right?
Even so, this movie has had crap written all over it from day one. From script reviews to screenings, I have yet to see one positive review for this film.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks