What's new

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set - 9/30/2003 (1 Viewer)

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
Maybe, It appears that you can only get it with the Deluxe Set. Personally, I don't care.

From the site - "This selection is not available for individual sale"

Also they have cover art.

Check this site www.universalhomevideo.com

You need to register.

This set is all mine.I can't wait.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Universal sucks.

It's E.T. all over again. In order to get the original Scarface, you have to purchase an overpriced "deluxe" gift set that likely contains a lot of stuff that many folks don't need or want.

Unfortunately, this time we won't have Spielberg swooping in at the last moment to force a change.

From the Alfred Hitchcock box set scheme, to 800,000 releases of the American Pie movies, to the E.T. debacle, and now this - this studio has continually shown its disdain for the consumer.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If I find this priced decently, I will deffenatly pick this up. Hopefully we wont lose the awesome documentary on the original DVD.

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
I hope the (1983) Anniversary Edition is a 2Disc Set with many "Extras" on the second disc.

For a Cuban like my self I love how Al Pacino mastered the Cuban accent.

From the movie:

"Who do you trust? Me. That's Who"

Can't wait.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
This is so sweet!!! Scarface is my favorite movie of all time. I can't wait for 09/30!!!! I hope the film transfer is top notch! Also, is there going to be a DTS track or just DD? Is the 1932 Scarface any good?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Universal really should at least release a bare-bones Scarface (1932) DVD. They really should take pointers from the double features that WB has planned and the ones MGM has created.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
It's E.T. all over again. In order to get the original Scarface, you have to purchase an overpriced "deluxe" gift set that likely contains a lot of stuff that many folks don't need or want.
In fairness to Universal (and I can't believe I am saying that), E.T. dvd was two different versions of one film. Scarface is not.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
OH MY LORD!! That box looks amazing!!!
Can´t wait to get my hands on it!

Indy Jones.
Two Towers
Alien 9 disc
and Scarface.

That´s 4 big boxes/releases in just like what? 2 months?

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I am so disgusted with Universal & their devious marketing tactics. When a great film (the 1932 version), written by a great writer (Ben Hecht), and directed by one of the greatest directors of all time (Howard Hawks) ends up as an exclusive, disc-2 "extra" on an expensive boxset of an inferior 1983 film, it makes me wanna retch.

This is a slap in the face to all classic film fans.

All I gotta say is, I ain't playin your game, Universal. Go hustle your wares someplace else. No Sale.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm glad they're releasing the '32 version even though it's box set exclusive.

I enjoy both films so this is a no brainer. :D

Now if we could kick Warner in the ass so they'd get moving on a DVD release of White Heat, The Roaring Twenties & Public Enemy.
My gangster film collection would then look much more respectable. :)

JasonTil

Agent
Argue all you want about Universal's marketing, it is your right to boycott. I'll be watching a Scarface double feature while you're doing it.

On a lighter note, hopefully this is a sign of Universal revisiting some of their earlier releases, particularly Field of Dreams and Tremors.

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------
OH MY LORD!! That box looks amazing!!!
Can´t wait to get my hands on it!

Indy Jones.
Two Towers
Alien 9 disc
and Scarface.

That´s 4 big boxes/releases in just like what? 2 months?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Add to the List,

James Clavell's Shogun - 09/23/2003

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
C'mon Universal, I know this movie makes an appearance on every episode of MTV Cribs, but that MSRP is a little too rich for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

With all due respect to 1983 film, the original "Scarface" is a much better film than the one it shares the same title with.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks