What's new

Bad Boys 2 running time? (3 Viewers)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I had heard somewhere it was like 2:20, which seems incredibly long for this sort of film.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
2 and 1/2 hours of Michael Bay is more than any human should be forced to endure. 2 and 1/2 of Michael Bay AND Martin Lawrence is too horrible to think about.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Every director falls in love with his footage; Michael Bay, somehow, has managed to become a big name without really learning how to cut out what's not essential.

I swore I'd never see another Michael Bay movie, but... did Ron Shelton really write this? What the heck? He does these great sports movies, and then, suddenly, bang!, he's involved with three cop movies in a row (Dark Blue, Hollywood Homicide, Bad Boys 2).

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
That is a little long for a Bad Boys flick. Seems like eventually we will get sick of the comedy and the slow-mo action scenes from cameras that are sitting on the ground.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
After The Rock and Armageddon I considered myself a strong Michael Bay supporter.

After Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys 2 I may have to reconsider my position.

Declan

Second Unit
well, I love Bay/Bruckheimer films. Not a fan of martin lawernce but he was great in Bad Boys 1 (not much else mind you). If a film is entertaining you, and it seems that BB2 will definitley do that if you (like me) enjoy your action films (now I hated xXx and was'nt fussed on 2fast2furious), but this just looks to be an all out blast. Dont judge a film before you see it.

check what was said about it over at aicn.com. They always seemed to be big Bay haters but after seeing previews of BB2 a few months ago and last week as well it seems, they are totally ready for it.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15619[/url]

Declan

Second Unit
and i take it you didnt like it.:D

Fair enough, but it looks like a big screen version of GTA Vice City (the only video game i've played in over 15years) so i'm definitley going, but it wont be out here until October.

Whats the car chase like and the whole ending in Cuba, from the loks of the trailer I would'nt want to be in that Humvie.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
So the action spectacle did nothing for you? Because it's being hyped as over-the-top in a good way.

Personally, "The Rock" is the only Michael Bay film I've ever enjoyed.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I saw the first movie because of tea leoni. and she is not in the sequel.. no thanks.

JACOB

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Actually, Bad Boys 2 seems like the kind of Michael Bay movie I would enjoy. Something like The Rock and, of course, the first Bad Boys: A big, take-no-prisoners summer action flick that doesn't take it itself too seriously.

I dunno. Michael Bay is a master visual stylist; he just seems to have a hard time recognizing a decent script. I guess we'll see what happens.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I sat next to James during the screening and we spent about 20 minutes after it was over discussing the film's awfulness.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Internet critic James Berardinelli(a guy whose opinion I respect and almost always agree with) gave Bad Boys II half a star. FREAKING HALF A STAR!!! And yes, according to his review, the running time is indeed 2 hours and 24 minutes.

I had every intention of seeing BBII, but I'm having serious doubts about the quality of this movie after reading that review. I enjoyed the first one as a fun, dumb action flick, and the sequel seemed like exactly what Michael Bay needed after embarrassing himself with Pearl Harbor(at least during the scenes where stuff didn't get blowed up). But this sounds like a disaster.

P.S. And just so you know, Berardinelli gave the first Bad Boys 2 stars, so he clearly didn't watch the second one with high expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks