Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bad Boys 2 running time?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 of 23 OFFLINE   Sebastien R

Sebastien R

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 02:34 AM

Quick question: Can anybody tell me the running time of Bad Boys 2 in theater this friday?

#2 of 23 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,764 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted July 14 2003 - 03:39 AM

I had heard somewhere it was like 2:20, which seems incredibly long for this sort of film.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#3 of 23 OFFLINE   Christopher Bosley

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 03:46 AM

2 and 1/2 hours of Michael Bay is more than any human should be forced to endure. 2 and 1/2 of Michael Bay AND Martin Lawrence is too horrible to think about.

#4 of 23 OFFLINE   Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 04:00 AM

What is with Michael Bay's penchant for making his movies last past to the end of the world itself?
TAlex 700

#5 of 23 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 04:37 AM

Every director falls in love with his footage; Michael Bay, somehow, has managed to become a big name without really learning how to cut out what's not essential. I swore I'd never see another Michael Bay movie, but... did Ron Shelton really write this? What the heck? He does these great sports movies, and then, suddenly, bang!, he's involved with three cop movies in a row (Dark Blue, Hollywood Homicide, Bad Boys 2).
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#6 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 07:42 AM

I can confirm the 2:20 running time. And I'll add that it feels more like 4:40.

#7 of 23 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 08:11 AM

That is a little long for a Bad Boys flick. Seems like eventually we will get sick of the comedy and the slow-mo action scenes from cameras that are sitting on the ground.

#8 of 23 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 08:50 AM

Guess I'm a lone Michael Bay fan. :b If it is 2hr20m packed with standard Bay affair I'm game.

#9 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 08:58 AM

After The Rock and Armageddon I considered myself a strong Michael Bay supporter.

After Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys 2 I may have to reconsider my position.

#10 of 23 OFFLINE   Declan

Declan

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 09:41 AM

well, I love Bay/Bruckheimer films. Not a fan of martin lawernce but he was great in Bad Boys 1 (not much else mind you). If a film is entertaining you, and it seems that BB2 will definitley do that if you (like me) enjoy your action films (now I hated xXx and was'nt fussed on 2fast2furious), but this just looks to be an all out blast. Dont judge a film before you see it.

check what was said about it over at aicn.com. They always seemed to be big Bay haters but after seeing previews of BB2 a few months ago and last week as well it seems, they are totally ready for it.

http://www.aintitcoo...ay.cgi?id=15619
"So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed"

#11 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 09:46 AM

[quote] Dont judge a film before you see it. [quote]

I totally agree.

But I've seen it. Posted Image

#12 of 23 OFFLINE   Declan

Declan

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 09:52 AM

and i take it you didnt like it.Posted Image

Fair enough, but it looks like a big screen version of GTA Vice City (the only video game i've played in over 15years) so i'm definitley going, but it wont be out here until October.

Whats the car chase like and the whole ending in Cuba, from the loks of the trailer I would'nt want to be in that Humvie.
"So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed"

#13 of 23 OFFLINE   MikeRS

MikeRS

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 10:01 AM

So the action spectacle did nothing for you? Because it's being hyped as over-the-top in a good way. Personally, "The Rock" is the only Michael Bay film I've ever enjoyed.

#14 of 23 OFFLINE   Declan

Declan

Second Unit

• 410 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 10:06 AM

[quote] over-the-top in a good way. [quote]

exactly what i want from a big summer action movie.

i.e. Speed 2= over the top but erm.........shite.

#15 of 23 OFFLINE   Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler

Producer

• 3,973 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 02:41 PM

Wasn't Bad Boys 2 hours long? Actually, that might be his shortest movie.

#16 of 23 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,034 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 05:29 PM

I saw the first movie because of tea leoni. and she is not in the sequel.. no thanks. JACOB

#17 of 23 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,556 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 12:45 AM

Actually, Bad Boys 2 seems like the kind of Michael Bay movie I would enjoy. Something like The Rock and, of course, the first Bad Boys: A big, take-no-prisoners summer action flick that doesn't take it itself too seriously. I dunno. Michael Bay is a master visual stylist; he just seems to have a hard time recognizing a decent script. I guess we'll see what happens.
"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#18 of 23 OFFLINE   Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 06:41 AM

Internet critic James Berardinelli(a guy whose opinion I respect and almost always agree with) gave Bad Boys II half a star. FREAKING HALF A STAR!!! And yes, according to his review, the running time is indeed 2 hours and 24 minutes. I had every intention of seeing BBII, but I'm having serious doubts about the quality of this movie after reading that review. I enjoyed the first one as a fun, dumb action flick, and the sequel seemed like exactly what Michael Bay needed after embarrassing himself with Pearl Harbor(at least during the scenes where stuff didn't get blowed up). But this sounds like a disaster. P.S. And just so you know, Berardinelli gave the first Bad Boys 2 stars, so he clearly didn't watch the second one with high expectations.
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#19 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 06:40 AM

I sat next to James during the screening and we spent about 20 minutes after it was over discussing the film's awfulness.

#20 of 23 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted July 15 2003 - 06:42 AM

Hey weird. My response to the above post was listed ABOVE the post. Neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users