What's new

The everlasting Westwood Village screening thread! (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick

As discussed at the SoCal meet at David Tolsky's house, this thread is for anybody who wants to organize a group screening at the Village theater in Westwood. If you are interested in attending when a group is planning to go to one of these screenings, post here and then subscribe to the thread so you will be automatically notified of future postings.

If you have never been to The Village theater, you don't know what you are missing... make sure you join one of the screenings!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Read and subscribed, thanks for doing this Jason!

Just an FYI to people, the next movie we're thinking of screening is Bad Boys 2 probably the weekend of July 26-27th. Will update the thread once we get more information...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Read and subscribed. :) The BIG event for me, of course, will be the showing of Return of the King. Less than five months to go....

WarrenHH

Agent
That was a super cool theater for sure. I don't usually even like going to commercial cinemas!
Not sure I can make it to L.A. too often, but I will subscribe and keep an eye too!:D :D

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
This is what I'd like to do for Return of the King:
We start at my house for a morning screening of Extended version of Fellowship. Lunch follows, we stretch a little, and then view The Two Towers Extended version. Then we all go to the Village for an evening screening of Return of the King It would be nice if we could get our evening tickets in advance.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Subscribed.

Hmmmm. We can also include The National theatre just a few blocks away--it's also a great Westwood theater. My guess Tomb Raider II will open there next week.

btw BB II this Friday, according to the LA Times, will be in 8 channel sound.

Dave, I'm there. And of course if NL includes a free ticket in their extended edition set of TT, will mean the extra money can go to buying more Diddy Riese cookies.

JohnG

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
John with Diddy Riese's prices, that free ticket means you can get 10 ice cream sandwiches or 30 cookies! :D

I signed up for the free TR2 preview but if I can't make that I'll be interested in seeing TR2 at the National.

BBII for sure, but probably not this weekend (next is more likely).

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Next weekend, Jul 26th looks good for me for BB II. Hmmmm, we can make it a double feature: BB II at the Village and TR II at the National.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good, John - is a morning show okay for people? That weekend I have concert tix for the evening (have to be in Carson by 5 either day) so any pre-2pm show would work for me. Maybe the 11'ish show and then lunch? You guys can suggest which day (Sat/Sun) because either day would work for me.

I probably won't be able to make the second show (TR2) but that's okay because I may have already seen it by then...

Tom Young

Agent
I too probably could make a morning movie. I would have to verify schedules for anything else. Either day works well for me too.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
July 26th I have evening plans but a morning screening of BB II might be okay. Somebody just e-mail me ahead of time if it's going to happen.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Hmmmm? According to today's movie listings, BB II is playing at the National--still a fine theatre. Last week though it stated the Village, oh well.
If anyone is up for it, I say we do first show of the day next Sat. the 26th. And by then, something just may open at the Village next Fri. (TR II maybe).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, looks like they're keeping T3 at the Village (looked no moviefone's site for the 24th...unless "How To Deal" is the one that is there - the Village and Bruin are listed together). Maybe it's getting good word of mouth.

Well I can vouch that the screen for the National is just as big, and the sound is phenomenal there as well. The only way it does not measure up to the Village is the very-obviously-70's curtains that are inside. But in every respect that actually matters, it is pretty much on par with the Village.

I'm still up for BB2 if everyone else is!

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
God BB2 looks awful. I just saw the review on ebert and roeper. Still though loved the sound at the village and I am willing to give the national a try. Besides those philly cheesesteaks at south street are worth the trip alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks