What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/15 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Permesso?

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
Andersonville_____________$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Avanti!___________________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Billy Wilder Collection___$97.47_$101.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Friends - Season 4________$32.99__$29.99__$29.99__$_N/A___$29.99__$28.47
Gods and Generals_________$20.99__$17.99__$19.99__$19.99__$17.99__$17.87
The Hitcher II____________$20.24__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Juggernaut________________$11.21__$12.99__$10.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kickboxer_________________$11.24__$14.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kiss Me, Stupid___________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Laurel Canyon_____________$18.71__$19.99__$_N/A___$16.99__$18.99__$_N/A_
M*A*S*H - Season 4________$29.99__$29.99__$34.99__$_N/A___$28.99__$_N/A_
One, Two, Three___________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Pinocchio (Benigni)_______$22.49__$19.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Private Life/Sherlock H.__$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Sailor Moon - Season 1____$112.49_$98.99_$149.98__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Shanghai Knights__________$22.49__$14.99__$15.99__$_"LP"__$19.49__$20.12
Slapstick Masters_________$18.74__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
What's Up, Tiger Lily?____$14.99__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* Non-OAR discs are left off the Roundup, whenever they've been identified in advance. Example: Gator, White Lightning, Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, Eve of Destruction, Catch the Heat, Revenge of the Ninja, Rage of Honor. Gee...thanks, MGM. :rolleyes

* Best Buy has a deal with Friends Season sets: Buy any 2 and save $10. Buy 3 and save $25. Buy all 4 and save $40. Instantly.

* Circuit City simply says, "Save $10 instantly with purchase of Season 4 & any of Season 1, 2 or 3. Must be purchased on same receipt. Available In-store only. See store for details."

* Best Buy and Circuit City both have the same deal, where you can buy both Shanghai Nights and Shanghai Noon on the same transaction for just $25.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

Markdowns according to other sources (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
Killing Me Softly (R-Rated Version) $26.98 $14.95
Killing Me Softly (Unrated Version) $26.98 $14.95
Y Tu Mama Tambien $26.98 $14.95

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
As always, thanks Dave!

Looks like I just might have to order the Billy Wilder Collection from Amazon. Unless someone knows a better deal somewhere...

-Christian

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Shanghai Knights for me (already had Shanghai Noon).

I wonder if Target's "Low Price" will equal Best Buy's...Target's closer :)

Thanks for the effort, Dave

Curtis_D

Auditioning
Thanks for the roundup, Dave!

(I never post, but I read the roundup every week, and find lots of good info in the weekly thread.)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks as always Dave! I might pickup the two Shanghi movies but other than that there is really nothing for me this week.

Chris S.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Thanks Dave!

Didn't know Andersonville was out this week. I'll pick that up with Gods & Generals.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Any deals on "May?"

I've heard great things and am going to make a blind purchase. It was supposed to be released this week.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
According to the "live" currency converter at XE.com DVDSoon (Canadian e-tailer) is selling the Billy Wilder Collection for $64.56 in U.S. dollars ($88.98 Canadian). Free shipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nuttin' for me either this week, Dave.

But you know what I was just thinking? How cool it is that I will know--for the rest of my life, probably--that Circuit City doesn't guarantee their prices in Hawaii! :D

Some day, that just might be useful information for me! Maybe I'll win a bar bet! :D

Great job as always! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I might pick up Sailor Moon: Season One.

Anime on the Weekly Roundup? And subbed-only at that! Who would have thunk it? :confused: :)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Hey with the release of Gods and Generals I'm reminded... Is there any news of a re-release of Gettysburg? Maybe with better sound. =)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
It's amazing what you can find by looking. I found an answer to my question on thedigitalbits site where they have the HTF WB chat transcript....

Gettysburg was pulled because of leagal issues. That sucks, but at least I've got the LD. Just wish I had the DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks