Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Discovery HD Theater!!! WOW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,261 posts

Posted July 13 2003 - 02:35 AM

Just picked this channel up on July 1, via DirecTV. This is truly amazing material guys... If anyone is pondering the 10.99, please do so.....

I watched a Praying Mantis eat a bird alive the other day Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 of 5 phil-w

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted July 13 2003 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, I almost lost my lunch watching that insect show Posted Image

The channel has some of the best HD I have seen and is worth the price of the new package alone.

#3 of 5 John_Berger

John_Berger

Screenwriter

• 2,489 posts

Posted July 13 2003 - 05:55 AM

I have yet to see Discovery HD on a cable system. Is it only with DirecTV? Currently, I can get five or so HD channels through Comcast, but none of them warrant the extra fee. Discovery HD might change that if it ever becomes available.

#4 of 5 Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 12:19 AM

Quote:
have yet to see Discovery HD on a cable system. Is it only with DirecTV?

It's available on Cox of Fairfax (VA). That makes sense since Cox is, IIRC, a co-owner of Discovery HD Theater.
What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of Man. You cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images . . .

T.S. Eliot, The Wasteland

#5 of 5 Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted July 14 2003 - 07:35 AM

Time Warner here has added Discovery HD for free!