What's new

Disney Treasues Wave 3 - Due 12/2/03 (2 Viewers)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The next wave of Walt Disney Treasures is due on December 2nd.

The limited edition 2-disc sets will include The Chronological Donald, Mickey Mouse in Living Color 2, Walt Disney On The Front Lines, and Walt Disney's Tomorrowland.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Shame about the Outer space set, but better to wait so they do it right. This Treasures line is my favorite series on DVD.

Hopefully they will get back to doing TV series (Zorro, Card Syn) and the True Life Adventures.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I can't wait and I'll be pre-ordering them for sure. I have a hunch that Donald will be off shelves fast.

It's a shame that they're only releasing 3 of these per year.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
All 3 are must-buys. Kind of disappointed that there's only 3, but it's enough to keep me busy a while. I wonder how many they'll make (150,000 each, I hope? At least for Donald?)
I'll be taking the day off work and getting to the Disney Store early that morning and come home to watch. That is, if the Disney Store promises to have them, like they did last year.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Unsure as to how many cartoons were made by Disney.
So will "The Chronological Donald" feature all the Donald Duck cartoons? Or would there have to be a Chronological Donald set 2?
Also, does anyone know whether there are any more Mickey Mouse black and white cartoons: I am assuming that the second Mickey Mouse in Color will complete all the color titles?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Donald was the most popular character for Disney and the most prolific. Don't hold me to it, but there's something like around maybe 400 shorts with him, maybe not all in a starting role though. And yes there are enough B&W Mickey shorts left over for another set, which is rumored to be next in line for December 2004 along with a second set of Silly Symphonies. And I believe that the second volume of color Mickeys will have collected them all.

EDIT: I've no idea where I got that 400 shorts figure, but according to http://www.teemings.com/shorts/disne...rs/donald.html, it's obviously less. Which is good, in a way.

EDIT 2: According to http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=651, there will indeed be 4 sets out. And it looks official.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I wish we knew what the cutoff was for the Donald set, but I bet it will be before 1952's Trick or Treat (Huey, Dewey & Louie get terrorized by Donald on Halloween and get payback with the help of Witch Hazel) which is my all-time favorite Disney cartoon.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
there are around 120-130 mickey mouse shorts all told
the are around 145-150 donals shorts.

So if there are going to be a mere 36 shorts on the donald set we'll be waiting for three more sets in the chronological donald to complete all of his cartoons.

I can't wait to watch Mickey and the Seal on DVD :)

I like War Time, or War Years as a better title for the war one. And I'd prefer that instead of Tomorrowland shorts we got the complete Man in Space programs.

Oh well I'll be buying ALL 3 or 4 no matter what

and I hope it's 4
this is my favorite dvd series since they've discontinued (in name at least) the vault Disney line.

Adam

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope the Donald Duck short "The Autograph Hound" (1939) isn't edited like it has been for the last 15 years. Toward the end of the cartoon, there is a montage of movie stars that start screaming Donald Duck's name. Well, one of the stars was an old black actor (I wish I knew who it was) who says "Don-ald Duckkk" in a very slow, un-PC-like manner. I've only seen this short unedited once, and all later viewings now have an aburpt cut during this montage (right before the black actor comes on).

Hopefully, it will be unedited, with Leonard Marltin giving a disclaimer before the short, which was done on a few of the other Disney Treasures DVDs.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure Der Furher's Face will be on there, and The Autograph Hound will be uncut.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I should probably get around to making inserts for Wave 2 before Wave 3 rolls around :) Great news on the releases, however!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks