Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Pretty Poison

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 07:39 AM

This 1968 cult classic starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld has long been a favorite film of mine. It was released by Fox, and I assume they still own it. Has there ever been ANY discussion about its being released on DVD?

#2 of 5 John Watson

John Watson

Screenwriter

• 1,937 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, a classic, in B&W too as I remember. Lolita meets Fatal Attraction Posted Image

#3 of 5 Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 12:01 PM

I sent an email about this one to Jon Mulvaney at Criterion. If indeed they have an arrangement with Fox (Three Women, BVD, Kagemusha), as many of us inferred from the last Fox chat, this would seem to be an ideal selection.

Of course I received the standard "I'll pass your suggestion on to acquisitions," reply from Criterion. I also suggested that they include director Noel Black's Skaterdater. I have not seen it, but it one Best Short at Cannes and was nominated for an Academy Award.

#4 of 5 Peter Kline

Peter Kline

Screenwriter

• 2,409 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
in B&W too as I remember

Nope, it is in color. Great film.

#5 of 5 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 3,966 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 04:54 PM

Terrific little movie with a sardonic sense of humor and great performances by Perkins and Tuesday Weld (looking more beautiful than I've ever seen her). One of those "under the radar" movies that deserves better exposure.