Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New cover pic -- THE HILLS HAVE EYES

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Kenneth English

Kenneth English

Second Unit

• 422 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 05:52 AM

Click here

Looks pretty cool! Can't wait 'til this one comes out. Posted Image

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Marc Colella

Marc Colella

Screenwriter

• 2,607 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 08:09 AM

I think that's a pretty crappy cover.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 09:42 AM

Well, for what its worth, at least its pretty much the same picture from the theatrical poster. That's something you see less and less these days.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence

Producer

• 3,634 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 07:49 PM

Being that it's Anchor Bay, the Original Poster art will probably be on the back side of a nice cardboard insert Posted Image

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,000 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted July 12 2003 - 03:30 AM

Hmmm, not good ...

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted September 23 2003 - 02:41 PM

What does everyone think of this release?
Surprised not to see more discussion of it.....

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 23 2003 - 02:58 PM

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know then. Posted Image

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,176 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 23 2003 - 05:43 PM

I've had a copy for a few weeks now and have gone through everything. If you're a fan of the film you'll certainly be happy with the disc. The film has never looked better but remember this is 16mm so the grain is pretty thick. The DTS and DD 5.1 tracks are pretty much a joke but we do have the original Mono.

The extras are wonderful. The commentary has all sorts of good information including the fact that this was given an X before several cuts. Craven also talks about it being 120 degrees during the day only to drop to 30 at night. It's also interesting to hear he was almost killed during the filming. The Making of HILLS HAVE EYES is brilliantly done. The director, producer and several cast members are on hand to tell various stories. This runs just under an hour. "The Directors: Wes Craven" is decent but nothing great. Several trailers, TV spots and photo galleries are also included. A nice booklet also comes with the package.

The "alternate ending" runs around 10 minutes but just features one short extra scene. The rest is

In the theatrical version, Jup is killed at the camp while the father (can't remember his name) then goes after his baby and kills the other guy. The movie ended there. With the alternate ending these two scenes are switched around. The father kills the guy then it goes back to the camp where the two younger folks kill Jup. We then get an "extra" scene with everyone coming together.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 08:48 AM

I picked up a copy sight unseen, I'm a fan of Craven's work but hadn't yet come across it, I think I will...
Thanks!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,123 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 16 2003 - 02:02 AM

I was thinking about getting this as a blind buy with texas chainsaw massacre so as to have a halloween double bill of redneck canibal 70's grind house horror.

I understand the problems with the TCM disc, but being a fan of the film, I think I can live with it. My questions about THHE is: I'm a huge horror fan, gore and excessive violence doesn't bother me, but rape does. Is there anything like that in this movie? this is the only reason I haven't purchased this yet.

BTW, I have and love Evil Dead, despite the Tree sequence, so if THHE has a similar sequence, expicit wise, I can probably live with it.

Thanks in advance.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted October 16 2003 - 01:11 PM

Looks like the cover is similar to the Bay's Day of The Dead 2 discer. So if it is, then the giant head will act as a cardboard flap that lets you into all the goodness the set has to offer.
Jake J.
Chief?
McCloud!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
My Sweet Cuppin' Cake of a DVD Collectionwww.thedigitalbits.com

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted October 16 2003 - 02:24 PM

No, it's a standard keep case, no cardboard flaps here!
I don't like the DOTD cover because of that, it seems kind of cheap...