Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers popping

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr*

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 12:40 AM

When I went to bed last night, I turned off my receiver and I know I heard the right rear speaker pop - not sure about the others. This is a system I have had for about a month and never had this happen before. Any ideas what could be wrong?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Myo K

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 02:21 AM

it could be a burst of electricity, just make sure you arent playing sound through it when youre turning it off.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr*

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 02:25 AM

Aren't receviers made so you can turn off at will? I have never noticed this before...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Agustin

Agustin

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 03:26 AM

or maybe is an interference, happen to me,and i checked the wires, one of them was a little scratched and touching an iron door, so i replaced and everything is fine
Acdbulls in other games forums

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Rich_M_G

Rich_M_G

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 05:27 AM

I was having a similar problem with my system. It ended up that it was a bad chip in my Yamaha 5560 Receiver, it took 2 times for the repair center to find it. Lucky for me it was still under warrenty.

Rich

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Myo K

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator

• 189 posts

Posted July 11 2003 - 07:42 PM

Aren't receviers made so you can turn off at will? I have never noticed this before...

no, my kenwood 6070 would pop everytime i turn off the source before the receiver itself, i had to train myself to follow a chain, turn off

-receiver
-tv
-source

my kenwood would also crackle as i raised and lowered the volume. so i returned it

i also have a hk avr 225, which has a better build, no crackle, and it seems the receiver has a slight digital mute everytime a sign is first sent and shut off, but i did notice i got a loud pop when i ran analog connections and shut the source off before the receiver.