What's new

PHONE BOOTH worth a blind buy?Im (1 Viewer)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
I'm heading off to my local dvd supplier this weekend and i am wondering if PHONE BOOTH is worth the purchase. I missed it the first time in the theaters. Is the transer, audio, extras, and most of all, the movie worth the moolah? Opinions would be appreciated.:D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty solid if you are willing to accept a

SPOLIER WARINING.....

....less is more type of thriller. But yes you should be able to watch the feature and the commentary possibly even in one sitting. If you do buy it watch the security tape on the packaging. I noticed when I bought it, the cover are was sticking out of the plastic protector. I rooted through several copies to find one that was not sticking out. Thought I found one, but when I took off the security tape, I ripped some of the paper cover that was sticking out.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Rent it before... It's a good movie, but I don't think it's a movie with a good "replay value". The movie is short, and the it's a "bare-bones" DVD (Trailers and Commentary only I think).

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I thought it was one of the best movies produced this year - a fun thriller that had the right pace and length...but, the list price for the disc, upwards of $25, is quite ridiculous for such a short movie that was produced cheaply and has absolutely no extras, except for a commentary. Definitely worth a rental though.

Luis A

Second Unit
I say yes, it is worth a blind buy. This is a damn good movie, and sure you may not watch it soon after you first do, but if you decide you want to see it in a couple days at least you will have it there. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think the dvd can still be found for less that $25. I paid $17 at Circuit City. I wouldn't call it "Bare Bones" either since it does include a commentary which I think is usually the Premier extra on a DVD

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Definitely worth a download, I mean, rental (Steve Martin at the Oscars). :D

Anyway, the film is pretty cliche, but Colin Farrell elevates it with his amazing performance (this guy is going to be a Oscar winner one day, mark my words, and soon!).

I wouldn't recommend buying it, but, as I said, definitely worth a rental.

It was one of my favorite films of the year. Lots of fun. A 70 minute Colin Farrel & Keifer Sutherland festival...what's not to like?

I bought it at Fye for $19.95 and they have a $5 rebate ticket.

I saw it once in the theater....have watched it 3 times on DVD this week .
John

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
No. I would definitely recommend against a blind buy.
Rent it first.
I personal found this movie to be the worst moive of the year so far.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Quite the love it or hate opinions here. I'll rent first.

Peace Out~:D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Fun, intense movie, but I wouldn't buy it. Not much replay value.

Farrell was good, not great. His NYC accent was quite laughable.

--
Holadem

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I saw it in theaters, you'll either love or hate it. I loved it and bought it for $16 at Best Buy today. Nice cinematography of the nyc streets. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed Phone Booth. I thought it was smart and very tense. With such a premise, it's really hard to maintain the situation, the tension and credibility for the length of a feature film, even a shortish one, but they pulled it off.

Jan

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
A rental for sure. I just rented it, liked it, and probably won't watch it again. Oh well.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I thought the first 30 minutes were great and then... it all evaporated. All the tension just left the movie and its ludicrous premise just glared at you. A rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks