What's new

America's Next Top Model (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I ran a search on this and couldn't beleive a thread was never started for it. I watched a number of episodes and thought it would have been popular with alot of the guys here. Anyway , the girl I was pulling for didn't win,(Shannon)although she made to the final 3 and I can't remember the names of the winner and runner up.I guess it shows ya how little I was paying attention to her,lol!

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
My gal Elyse blew it by nodding off during a lecture by some agency dude in the last episode. Before that, she was a shoe-in, it seemed. But after that, the judges slammed her for not really "wanting it" (which was probably true). she definitely had the most haute couture look and if she wanted to, could probably be big (well, as big as a 5'10" 115lb girl can be) in the business. I was surprised that Adrienne won over Shannon due to how the raved about Shannon's performance at the fashion show. But, she may have been *too* All American (a virgin, even) for them to stomach. And the mouth full of 10,000 teeth didn't help either. If Adrienne can learn to speak and move her lips at the same, she have a career. I was just glad that the overbearing hypocrite Robin got eliminated. Yeesh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't watch the show (too many other things on at that time slot), but what was Katie's shortcoming? Just looking at the UPN site for the final 10 or so, and she's the one that stood out (based on purely looks).

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I was too ashamed to start a thread on this myself with all my other reality TV postings, but I watched it too. They could make a reality show about a guy making a sandwich and I'd probably watch.

I liked it far better than For Love or Money and almost as much as Paradise Hotel. With all the locations and different tasks, it added a nice level over the "lets put a dozen girls together and watch them shred each other" formula.

I truly hated Robin and enjoyed seeing her finally melt down.

I think Katie was too Maxim girl looking for them. Alot of fashion models have a certain look, but I think most of them aren't really great looking. Katie was the hottest girl there, I thought

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I didn't see the episode where Katie got booted (she was #2), but she indeed was too Playboy for them, which she did, in fact, pose for in one of the "College Girls" issues, I think. Not that I've ever looked, ahem.

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
Elyse made this show, I was rolling on floor countless times from the snide comments she would always make. I really think her 90% looks comment at the final interview did her in.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Elyse really surprised me. I really thought out of the final 3 she would actually be picked,and the reason is, I thought she had the kind of look and shape and attitude the industry looks for. I could definitely see her doing modeling for extra income in the near future, even though she didn't get picked to be "America's Next Top Model" Isn't this where someone chimes in to say they've seen better looking women at The Mall of America?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Never saw the show, but the "model" type has never appealed to me. I've flipped past some shows on "Style" and "E!" where they feature models, but they all look... I don't know, they just don't look very good. I'm pretty sure there are better looking women at the Mall of America, even though they can't become models. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks