What's new

Preliminary X2 specs: (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This is from Superhero Hype via Dark Horizons:

Disc 1 features the film in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround sound, some on-set featurettes, along with two commentary tracks with Director Bryan Singer & the producers on one, Singer and various cast members on the other. Most interesting is eleven deleted scenes, though which of the following titles they will be is unsure right now: Professor Xavier and Cyclops return, Fight in the mall, Extended Wolverine/Deathstrike, Nightcrawler's Mark, Rogue/Bobby talk about Pyro, Mystique File Stealing Sequence, Jean and Storm scene in the X-Jet, Rogue helps kids during mansion raid, Extended Colossus/X-Kids Scene, Wolverine enters the 'Danger Room' door, Alternate Opening Sequence & Camp Scene, Professor X's Victory. On Disc 2 there's five featurettes ("Return of the Mutants", "Mutant Effects", "X2: The Cast", "Reflections", "Future of the X-Men"), video of the press conference, an on-set making of special , an HBO: First Look special, 4 Trailers, 7 TV Spots, Art Gallery, Animatics and Easter Eggs. Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.

MatS

Screenwriter
if all the above comes to be there would be no need for X2.5

looks great if true
I would just like to see a comic book cover gallery included once on one of these discs

my most wanted disc of the year :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Most Wanted runner-up to The Matrix Reloaded for me, but a very close second. Hopefully these specs with turn out to be true...sounds like a wicked set.

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they include the blooper reel that was mentioned a couple of months ago.

Sadly I'm pretty sure they wont because of its supposed contents.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have a feeling the blooper reel might end up being Easter Egg material. It wouldn't surprise me.

Jason

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The blooper reel I read about sounded awesome. Like the scene with Stryker grilling Kelly about Vietnam, instead he was going off and swearing his head off at him non stop.
http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...2594259,94524,
Theres a link to the description

As long as the video quality on this disc measures up to or surpasses(which is hard) the 1.5 disc, then we are in for a treat.

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah and there was alot of sexual innuendo. One shot was of when mystique flips over that guard in the toilet and pulls his pants down, she pulls out a dildo and whacks it on his butt. Another bit was when they were at the campfire, mystique and magneto each eat a hotdog erotically. There was tamer stuff like when wolverine was dreaming he keeps on calling out bobbys name. And when wolverine goes to see the professor in cerebro, he prances in and they do the scene as if it was a musical. Plus there was lots of swearing.

I believe it was stuff like that.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Early details of the international version however indicate the commentary and the featurettes may not be present on those discs.
I can't think why. X-MEN 1.5 has the same content in the UK as the US disc, and by all accounts the two Daredevil releases are the same. Indeed the original X-Men release had MORE on the UK disc. :confused:

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I seem to remember an interview with the producer of the X-Men 1.5 dvd where he said an 'Origins of the X-Men' (as in comic book origins) featurette was created for 1.5, but they couldn't include it due to rights issues or something like that. He remarked how it would hopefully end up on the X2 dvd instead - but it's not in that spec list above. It still looks like a fantastic set though.

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
them are some nice specs sofar. i hope it does stay that way i dint go see this in the theaters for as i dont go to theaters anymore dvds come out quick now and its cheaper.. so cant wait to watch this movie when it does coem out. and with awsome specs

Billy C.

Agent
I'm surprised this is in 5.1 and not 6.1. A DTS-ES track would have been nice. Maybe that will be in the 2.5 release? :)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Another apparent practical joke that had been filmed that I read about occurred during the filming of Stryker's attack on the Xavier mansion. From what I recall, Logan (Hugh Jackman) ran through the mansion naked and happened to run into a group of wolf-whistling women, including James Marsden's mother, who cheered and flashed money in front of Jackman. Now that would be pretty fun to see in a blooper reel!

If the earlier report is true about all the X2 specs, then they'd have to do it right as a 2-disc set, and that would eliminate the need for X-Men 2.5 - unless they decided to unearth "new" material and tack on a promo for X3.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Somehow I doubt something like that was filmed. It seems like a wild rumor. But hey if it did happen that would be...interesting.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Somehow I doubt something like that was filmed. It seems like a wild rumor. But hey if it did happen that would be...interesting.
It did happen. Jackman said so on Leno when promoting the film. Actually, they were shooting the flashback scene where he runs into the forest naked. Since they were shooting this for the movie, I would think they filmed it. If not, Jackman got scammed into streaking. :D

These specs sound good but this still sounds a bit fishy, especially being unconfirmed and sent in by someone to the site. I'll wait for the official details, which I hope are coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks