What's new

Dorm Room Set Up (1 Viewer)

NicholasB

Auditioning
Well First off I am new here. Some back ground info about me. Im Nicholas Bumgardner I live in I small town just south of Nashville. This fall Im going to start attending Belmont University as a Poli-sci/History major with a concentration in Pre-law. I love home theater. At home we have up stairs one of the first Pioneer HDTV's with a professionaly set up sony speaker system and Pioneer DVD player. And down stairs we are working on another home theater system. So far on the down stairs set up we have a 43 in Toshiba wide screen and are thinking about speakers and dvd player down their but we are not quite ready to put anything else downstairs yet. Im also a Mt. Biker, and I love music and I play Sax, Piano, and Guitar.
---------------------------------------------------
Now for my quesiton

Ok one augest 23 I will be moving into my dormroom at belmont. And I dont know what to take in the line of a home theater. My room-mate is bringing the TV and I think I will bring the audio system. Now here is what I am thinking for audio. I think a 2.1ch system will be best for a dorm-room because we wont be able to burry wires under the carpet because we have a tile floor so I dont think that a 5.1ch or above set up would be praticle.

Now I think I will be able to take my an older sony 5.1ch reciver and I will have to buy new speakers. In the way of speakers I am thinking about geting some of the lower end Kiplish speakers like the ones they sell at best buy nowdays. So would this be a decent set up for a college dorm or would it still be a bit overkill?

So post up what kind of system you had in college and tell me what you think about what I have said. And I have to remember I am at college to get good grades.

NicholasB

Auditioning
Yeah that thread does have some good info in it thanks for the link.

Now I have a question about how things will sound on a tile floor. Will the sound bounce around funny esp. with the sub-wolfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks