Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Alien 5 by James Cameron!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 of 111 OFFLINE   Russell B

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 01:19 PM

I hope Cameron and his big ego don't take over T4. He didn't want to give the fans T3 so i say ditch him. He's been lazy anyway since the Titanic sweep of the awards. He's done the documentaries but big deal. I would like to see him do TL2 but thats it.

#22 of 111 OFFLINE   Norm

Norm

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 01:23 PM

I hope he turns Alien³ & 4 into a dream! I not a big fan of 3 and I can't stand 4.

#23 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 01:28 PM

THANK GOD Cameron is coming back!!!! Hopefully he can erase all the damage done by the utter crap that was Alien3, the worst sequel ever made in my opinion. I wonder how it is going to be made though, will they pick up after 4 or just make the events after 2 just a dream. I'd vote for just ignoring that crap and picking up after 2. And adding Arnold would just be excellent!

#24 of 111 OFFLINE   john doran

john doran

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 01:47 PM

[quote] Yeah, I'd HATE to get another great action flick like T2 - what a nightmare! [quote]
hey - i remember you from the hulk thread; you're the one who thought the CG in "down with love" was just awful.

man, we can't stop agreeing - i'd hate to see another great action flick like T2, as well. i don't think i could handle all that riveting schmaltz about crying and smiling and giving the thumbs-up and george thorogood playing 'bad to the bone' as arnold puts on the sunglasses; how much brilliant writing does cameron expect the movie-watching public to be able to stomach?. boy, and that edward furlong was just too intense for me! once is enough!

maybe cameron can make alien 5 involve dicaprio playing the great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson of jack dawson from 'titanic', and he can introduce the aliens to the idea of love, and then the aliens will realize that it's just so wrong to go around killing everything and stuff. maybe dicaprio can make out with the queen and they can moon over one another.

boy, i'm getting excited now!
 fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt

#25 of 111 OFFLINE   Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 01:56 PM

Oops, my bad. :b I apologize.
"I just pre-ordered I DRINK YOUR BLOOD, even though I have no job."

#26 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 02:17 PM

It sure most bug the minority that like Alien3 that their movie which is soo hated by the majority is probable about to become nothing more than a bad dream. Posted Image They sure do come out to defend that piece of garbage every chance they get.

Looking again at that comment by Cameron it would seem to suggest that they plan on ignoring or erasing Alien 3. How else could you "rectify" that problem. He wants Ripley in it, so I'm guessing Newt and Hicks would be back too if this happens. I'd love to see Michael Biehn back, haven't seen him in a movie in years.

#27 of 111 OFFLINE   Randall Z

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 175 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 03:13 PM

This may be a dumb question, but how far away is this movie?
Z

#28 of 111 OFFLINE   Justin_S

Justin_S

Producer

• 3,577 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 03:27 PM

If they ignorantly try and turn ALIEN3 into a dream with ALIEN 5, I'll just ignore 5 and look at the first four films as the full storyline. Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

#29 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 03:33 PM

Pretty much the way I ignore 3 and just look at the 1st 2 movies as the full story.

#30 of 111 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 03:46 PM

[quote] Pretty much the way I ignore 3 and just look at the 1st 2 movies as the full story [quote] Ignoring my personal opinions about the thirds in either series (I liked them both), that sentence could be accurately applied to both Terminator and Alien. Weird.

I hope that Cameron does something unique and new with Alien 5, but I don't want him to ignore what happened in 3 and 4. If he's really that talented, he should be able to turn those movies around into something great.

#31 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 04:09 PM

But how can you bring back Ripley(not the clone) and possible Newt and Hicks w/o ignoring the 3rd?

#32 of 111 OFFLINE   George Monroy

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 04:21 PM

You cannot. # and 4 are dreams. That is all that can be done. No biggie to me. So what if they are dreams. It doesn't make them any less entertaining.

#33 of 111 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 04:26 PM

But it is a cheap cop-out. I say let him make something up that is truly genius.

#34 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 04:35 PM

There's no other way around it.

#35 of 111 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 04:47 PM

Then don't work around it. A good thing he could do is somehow create a prequel or sidestory explaining something new to the Alien universe.

#36 of 111 OFFLINE   Robert Ma

Robert Ma

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 05:08 PM

Time travel is the answer. Works for Star Trek Posted Image

#37 of 111 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted July 07 2003 - 05:10 PM

But I think the problem is that Cameron as well as the majority of the fans want to see the current story fixed. Alot of people hate what they did w/ those characters and want to see it corrected. It may be a cop out but I agree w/ making 3 a dream or just ignoring it out right.

#38 of 111 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 5,087 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 05:34 PM

No matter what Cameron does, the 3rd and 4th films aren't going anywhere. Get used to that idea, Alien 3 naysayers. Posted Image They may become an 'evolutionary dead end' in the Alien series depending upon what approach Cameron takes, but they will still exist for the fans to enjoy. ( Well, for those of us who appreciate 3's somber reality and how it deals with the inevitability of all of our fates. Posted Image )

Perhaps the entirety of Alien 5 could be Ripley dreaming in her stasis chamber aboard the Sulaco? Posted Image Posted Image

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#39 of 111 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 06:01 PM

I could care less what they do with 3 and 4. As far as I'm concerned they could have this at the beginning. "This story will continue at the end of Aliens." I mean come on, who really cares? Alien 3 killed off the characters, bad. Was on a planet with a bunch of ingrates, bad. Hell, I was pulling for the Alien the whole time. I mean who actually pulls for the people who raped 50 people. I love Fincher, but real nice job there finding characters we could like... I assume Weaver needed a new house or something, I can't imagine why she would star in the series that made her big, but agreed that an alien calling her momma was a good idea.

#40 of 111 OFFLINE   DavidAC

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted July 07 2003 - 06:45 PM

Yeah I personally wouldnt mind Cameron disregarding 3 & 4 and just pick up right after Aliens, I pretty much disregard them now. And I dont think any new Directors Cut will save Alien 3, though I did like the music.

Well its nice to hear that if another Alien flick happens either Ridley Scott or James Cameron will be behind it or maybe even both Posted Image

Also nice to hear he approves of T3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users