What's new

Alien 5 by James Cameron! (1 Viewer)

dan fritzen

Second Unit
this was on Dark Horizons today.

"Terminator 3 & Alien 5: James Cameron recently talked with BBC1 and revealed he's very happy with how Terminator 3 ended up: "In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hope'd it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it". If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: "Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it".
This isn't a man whose going to whitewash his opinion either, take for example his reaction to "Alien 3" - "Hated it. Simple as that. I hated what they did.... I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that". You mean the talk about him being tied to "Alien 5" is true? "To an extent. yes. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie". Thanks to 'Ryan'."

This would be cool. I loved Aliens, and even though I did like Alien 3, Alien 4 was horrible (and I liked Delicatessen!)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
If anyone can make a worthy sequel, it's James Cameron. Re-visiting a franchise he has already had a hand in would be an interesting choice of work for him. I would love to see his involvement, whether it's writing or directing, if another Alien movie is made.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Arnold in an Aliens sequel, with Cameron at the helm again? That sounds like a pretty damn good recipe to me.:emoji_thumbsup:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arnold in an Aliens sequel, with Cameron at the helm again? That sounds like a pretty damn good recipe to me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, if T2 is any indication, then it could very well be a recipe for disaster...

Yeah, I'd HATE to get another great action flick like T2 - what a nightmare! :rolleyes

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>well, if T2 is any indication, then it could very well be a recipe for disaster...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the idea of a new Alien movie with Cameron somehow involved is a neat idea, regardless of who's in it.

I like the fact that he enjoyed T3.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I also like that he liked T3. Maybe now that he has enjoyed the ending, has seen there is a future for terminator, he will possibly pick up the 4th.

I'm all for an Alien 5 with Cameron involved. I will see that at theaters, but an Alien vs Predator, and cameron said he wouldn't do this, I will not go to see it.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Sounds a lot to me like sour grapes from someone who believes that their creations is what she be and no one else have any say so about it. So they killed off the chacaters he created...go cry about it while you are counting your millions Jim.

Personally, though I will be stoned for it, Alien3 was fine in my book and I am one of the few that loved it since the day it came out. At least someone had some idea other than tossing in some cheery ass melodrama crap (for example, the story of the 'lost robots' in Ghost of the Abyss NOT NEEDED)...what does he want, Ripley and Newt playing monopoly together, talking periods, while things are blowing up around them. I know that I am a minority on this one...but Alien 5...the worse thing to do would be to get this director/crappy screenwriter anywhere near it.

(I believe that as a director, Cameron is great. He is very technical and captures things wonderfully. As a screenwriter though, I feel that more depth can be found in a Jello cup.)

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
At least someone had some idea other than tossing in some cheery ass melodrama crap
Yes, it was a great idea...if it had been the first movie. It was essentially just a remake of the first movie, except this time instead of stranded on a ship she's stranded on a prison planet! Woo-hoo!
Geez, the interviewer asked his opinion of the movie, and he gets called names for it.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I just think it would be nice if Cameron actually did a non-documentary film again. Whether it's Aliens or Terminator or True Lies 2 or something original wouldn't really matter to me :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Even if we watch the True Alien 3 its still going to have the characters he created killed by the opening credits.
I dont blame, you create something and then the suits at the studio HAVE to make a sequel and so they throw everything out the door in order to do it.

I am quite surprised he liked T3 though, especially the ending.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>Say what you want about Cameron (I detect a distinct tone of condescension in your statement), but he ain't in it for the $$. Sure he wants his stuff to be liked by audiences, but, regardless of what you think of his films, "the plays the thing" for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks