What's new

Mistubishi 55" goldplus HDTV (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey K

Auditioning
Just bought one this weekend at Ultimate Electronics for $1,899 with 1 1/2 year free financing. Being delivered tomorrow. Was a bit concerned about the lack of DVI inputs, but two scenario's I see are Mits comes out with hardware to convert or I just live with component connections. The red push thing is a little worrisome also.

I just have a some questions:

Can anyone tell me if calibration will mitigate the red push to an acceptable level? Also, when is the best time to have calibration done?

Does anyone know if the WS55411 has an interface/menu to basically tone down the red push?

Finally, can anyone link a Mits user group/forum where they discuss the HDTV's?

TIA

Real Name
John Haghighi
Good Price, probably because new models are coming out In July and August w/dvi inputs and more. Go to the forums section of the Home Theater Spot for manufacturer specific info. There is plenty info in the Mits forum regarding Red Push fix..

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if the WS55411 has an interface/menu to basically tone down the red push?
There are individual color settings for the regular inputs. There is no way to change the settings on the component inputs whithout getting into the service menu or using the IC2 fix.

-Robert

Jeffrey K

Auditioning
Well, just got the set delivered and I am blown away by the picture. It is very crisp and clear. This being my first HD set, I am surprised with how well it is looking only at my DirecTV non-HD signal.

Also, I see no apparent red push, so maybe I just can't tell or maybe it is not as bad as people have made it out to be.

I don't think the '04 models have DVI either, but I could be mistaken. I think the main thing Mits has done for '04 is integrate the HD tuner for all their Gold - Diamond lines. Something I didn't need.

Watching my new Mits DVD progressive scan player is an absolute treat.

Thanks for the comments/replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks