Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Whoa! Alias: Season 2 on DVD October 2003?!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 11:35 AM

TV tome is reporting that Season 2 of Alias will be on DVD by October 28th 2003. I don't know if this is true or not seeing as how no one else is reporting it. My guess is they are trying to boost season 3 ratings if it is in fact true.
Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 12:17 PM

[quote] I don't know if this is true or not seeing as how no one else is reporting it. [quote] Including Disney.

Since TVTome is designed so that each show has its own editor, and I don't know how much central "content control" there is about posting info like that, then I think we must assume that the info doesn't come so much from the TVTome site as much as it did editor "AliasFan", aka Aileen.

Since she doesn't say where this info comes from or what region it applies to, and since 2 weeks after that post there is no confirmation from Disney's password-protected press site, Disney's password-protected retailer site, Disney's consumer website, or from an e-tailer such as Amazon, I have to say just "sit tight" and we'll see what happens.

It would definately amaze me if S2 was coming out so soon after S1.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 01:20 PM

It's false. There is absolutely 0 chance they'd release it 1 month after the first set. If they had 7 seasons of Alias to put out MAYBE they'd do that. At best it'll come out in March/April and then Season 3 in August/September in time for (knock wood) season 4

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted July 02 2003 - 02:57 PM

This information was found on the DearSally.com website, a fan site. I emailed the person to ask where the information came from and received an email to the effect of "someone who knows told us. Trust us it's coming!!!" Yeah....no. I don't think so. Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I can't imagine this is true. If season 1 had been released last September, ala 24, then it would make sense, but there's no way this could happen. Early 2004 maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users