What's new

Terminator 3 DVD Release (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
The DVD is set to come out on November 18th According
to Dark Horizons taken from Davis DVD. It looks
like November is going to be a expensive month.

-Mike

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
mmmmmmm

Indian Jones Trillogy
Lord Of The Rings Two Towers

and now Terminator 3 :D

I really hope they keep a dts track on this :emoji_thumbsup:
Especially since both 1 and 2 where released in dts.

I agree its shaping up to be an expensive month in deed
:D

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I really hope they keep a dts track on this
Especially since both 1 and 2 where released in dts.
I thought only T2 Ultimate Edition from Artisan had DTS whereas the original Terminator from MGM just has DD 5.1 ?

Also T3 is a Warner release in the US so unlikely to get DTS whereas in Europe its Columbia so may well get DTS but then only on a later Superbit version, after they've sold the original SE.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I highly doubt that Terminator 3 will have a dts track in region 01 since it is being released by Warner.

Region 02 could be a possibility because Columbia Tristar is releasing it.
Maybe as a Superbit ???

Greetz,

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Saw Terminator 3 last night. It wasn't as good as T2 but who expected it to be? Good film with a great twist ending. Definitely be picking up LOTR: TTT EE and this on November 18th.

As stated above I wouldn't expect a DTS release either since Warner said in the last chat they none of their discs would support it.

RichD

Agent
I saw T3 as well and agree with the above comments. :emoji_thumbsup:

It has so much senseless destruction that anything less than a reference quality DVD would be a crime. :D Please, don't EE it to death like the T2-Ultimate Edition. (Haven't seen the latest T2-EE release)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Please, don't EE it to death like the T2-Ultimate Edition. (Haven't seen the latest T2-EE release)
Mmmmm, Extreme Edition T2.....

If you are at all a fan of T2, you owe it to yourself to get the new version! Granted, the new supplements are light, but the transfer is simply awe inspiring! And the DD-EX track (properly flagged this time) is great! I really don't miss the DTS when watching this disc!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Malcolm,

No Artisian did include a DTS-ES as well as the DD-EX track on the Ultimate Edition thats why I purchased it :D . Also Terminator 1 was rereleased in DTS and I plan to buy that before it is discontinued. And if Terminator 3 is not released in DTS, dam you Warner. And like Biff said in BTTF, Butheads.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Just saw T3. The chase scene through LA in the movie pretty much destroys more property than any other action film in recent memory, certainly more than the previous two Terminator movies combined X 10. and would make a fine addition to any home theater. It beign a Warner release, we can expect 5.1 DD-EX at best, and of course, the Snapper along with it. It will hardly be the DVD release T2 was(either the Extreme in terms of A/V quality or the Ultimate, in terms of overall quality)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
So you've already seen the T3 DVD, then?
Yup, holding it in my hand right now. Well face it, this being Warner Bros., they haven't yet, at least to me, been able to offer a DVD that excels in the supplement, audio, video, and other DVD feature department. Add to that the snapper case, and look what you get. Even with blockbuster like the Harry Potter movies, their DVDs still don't hold up to the standards that other studios have set, even Warners neighbor New Line. But that in itself is completely another issue. Since they aren't going to support DTS, the DVD will not be able to sport the best possible audio. I'm sure the DVD will certainly impress when it comes out, but to even compare to something like the T2: UE is another matter. Only a few DVDs have met or exceeded that releases groundbreaking aspects i nthe format. T3 would have to surpass that in order to be considered. Yes, it hasn't come out yet, but I think enough proof is their to make a proper judgment about what to expect. What DVDs from Warner have impressed you in terms of audio, video and supplements that would surpass T2: UE or even the EE? Warner hasn't done it yet, and it isn't on the foreseeable horizon.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I agree completely with Josh on this. I don't even recall Warner releasing a 2-disc special edition for a new release.

That snapper case is a nuisance as well. Whenever I see a Warner movie in the theater that I want to own on DVD that's the first thing that goes through my mind.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
OK, I take back what I said about DTS, saying that it will have the best possible audio available. I shouldn't go around talking DTS being or better or not. Thats how wars get started. I am by no means knocking Warner at all over their DVD releases. I own quite a few of their titles, and some have excellant audio and video. Their transfers are among the best I have seen before. I'm just saying they have not taken advantage of the format and embraced it as other studios have done. They have been only a few 2-Disc new releases that I can recall, both being HP. The rest have been re-releases of catalog titles(Unforgiven, The Right Stuff, True Romance, etc). T3 has just has theaters, and perhaps depending upon the box office results will we know how good a release the DVD will be. Of course, this is by no means certain, since many get a great treatment regardless of box office receipts. The film is among the most expensive Warner has ever put out($135 million approved budget) and several of this years much hyped mega-films have under performed their studios expectations(Hulk, Matrix Reloaded, Charlie's Angels) and T3 is perhaps the last big hit of the summer that has been anticipated. Summer is half way over after the 4th of July, and then its Thanksgivng and X-Mas.

Oh yea, back to the DVD. Since its run time is less than 2 hours, we may only get a single disc release, with just your basic set of features much like Warners other releases. HP is geared more towards kids, much like the supplements and to me, underwhelmed in the aduio/video dept. Maybe their thought will change with this release, but I'm not placing any bets just yet.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
It better be a 2-disc...and I want an Ahnuld commentary...cant wait...this movie owns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks