What's new

Any digitally fimed live-action DVDs other than Star Wars: Episode II? (1 Viewer)

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
Is Episode II the only purely digital live-action film out on DVD at the moment? Thanks in advance for any info :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Session 9 was shot digitally, but I don't know whether the DVD was a direct digital transfer.

M.

Scott Varney

Agent
Full Frontal was shot with a combo of digital (using a prosumer Canon XL1S) and film. I'm not sure how the DVD is sourced.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Despite the commercials for the DVD claiming so, that's hardly the truth. There are plenty of films that were made digitally and transferred as such.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Others include:

The Anniversary Party
Dancer in the Dark
Buena Vista Social Club
Tadpole
Bamboozled
Tortilla Soup

If Prospero's Books (1991) is released on DVD it will represent the first HD acquired feature film.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
I read recently, DVD Times I think, that the last part of 28 days later was shot on 35mm for some pretentious stylistic reason, which is why the dvd is not from the digital source. I haven't seen it, so can't comment.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I read recently, DVD Times I think, that the last part of 28 days later was shot on 35mm for some pretentious stylistic reason, which is why the dvd is not from the digital source. I haven't seen it, so can't comment.
I saw 28 Days Later at the cinema, and I can't say that I noticed any change from the rather obvious digital video to 35mm in the end sequence. It was a few months ago though, so I could just be remembering wrongly...

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
There should be a whole lot more 24p DV video coming soon, even from the semipros, thanks to the new Panasonic 24p mini-DV camera. To put 24 frames on DV videotape, it generates 3:2 pulldown in one of two different ways: either the traditional steady 3:2 cadence which is difficult to edit, or a new 2:3:3:2 (AaBbBcCcDd) cadence which can be easily converted to a true 24 frame sequence for editing by simply discarding the middle (Bc) frame of video. Very clever.

Also, I think JVC has announced a

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Actually JVC has a consumer HD camera for around $3,500. I'd be looking at that one, but I'm very tempted by the Panasonic 24P camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks