What's new

Best price for NAD T762 Receiver? (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I am in Los Angeles and interested in purchasing this receiver either from a local B&M dealer or online for the best price possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reggie

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Thanks,

but I am not looking for dealers but PRICES. Anyone else care to state what they paid?

Reg

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
"Shows $1299 there... Or am I missing something?"

I think that is why e-mailing them is the key. Many dealers will only list the MSRP on-line, to keep the manufacturers happy and keep other dealers from complaining to the manufacturer, but are more then willing to negotiate.

kevitra

Second Unit
You MUST email to get a better price. I said "Can I please get a price quote on the T762" and 4 hours later I received an email stating $1040.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Kevitra,

Thanks. I know YAWA is an authorized dealer. The local NAD dealer (The Sound Factor) near me in Los Angeles has invited me to come down but wouldn't give me a quote over the phone. Needless to say I will use the price that YAWA quotes me to see if they can match it.

Thanks,

Reg

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Please let me know what price you end up getting. I am considering the 762 as well. I don't seem to have an authorized dealer within about 75 miles...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The place that used to carry NAD that I knew, went out of business, though they are still listed. I found another semi-local one.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Using one quote to try and match it at another place is a good way to start a war and try to get a dealer's status yanked by the parent company (Energy Speakers did this with vendors who sold below MSRP a few years ago).

I would highly encourage that if you get a favorable price, 1) do NOT post it as Kevitra did, and 2) the best place that quotes you a deal, buy it from that place as a reward for their willingness to deal.

Yawa is a class act (I buy from them regularly) and if they will give you a good price, I would ask that you to give them your business!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am looking for a place to audition. Not interested in a price war either, but I do want to compare the prices at the local dealer. IMO, a good place will not just keep knocking the price down to get your business, otherwise everyone would do this. One of my near by Marantz dealers said he would not compete with internet prices, even from authorized dealers. I got a very good quote back from Yawa within an hour, and if I do choose to go with this receiver, I will be ordering from them actually, especially after reading their customer feedback.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely audition, if you can, John. That's actually what sold me on the T762, I had no plans on upgrading until I heard it driving the MB Quarts I ended up purchasing as well. :)

My comment was more for Reggie who was going to use Yawa's price to get Sound Factor to match.

I haven't dealt with Sound Factor often (have been there twice in the last few years, Santa Monica store) but each time the salesman tried to pawn something off on my ala Good Guys / Circuit City-style rather than being informative, helpful and non-pressuring.

I actually go to Yawa semi-frequently (probably 3-4 times a year, it's a 40 mile L.A. Freeway drive) and often don't walk out with anything. Yet they're always friendly and happy to see me even when the pocketbook doesn't open up. Great outfit. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
Carlo -

Have you taken delivery of your 762 yet? As I recall, you were waiting for Yawa to receive a shipment. If so, please post your comments and impressions.

Dave

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Carlo,

Thanks for the advice. I might just go to Sound Factor to audition it and see what they'll do price wise (without giving the Yawa price). Whoever gives me the better deal will then get my business. Btw, since the Yawa store is located in California, won't they also charge me CA tax plus shipping?

Reg

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
David D,

Sure did, and the very abbreviated review is two very enthusiastic :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: for the NAD T762!

I have a longer write-up in the works, but unfortunately it's behind the even LONGER write up I'm working on for the MB Quart QLS-1030 (which also gets :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: ).

Will try to post them this coming week (at least the MBQ if not the NAD).

Reggie, yeah unfortunately that's true. Are you very far away from Yawa? I'm about 40 miles, but I find that drive not to be too bad on the weekends. It's worth it to me to find a good local dealer and establish a good relationship with them. If your experience is like mine, this will not be the last time you'll be purchasing from them :)

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
My experience with Yawa has been very positive. They treated me well when I went there, and their email responses are very helpful.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Folks,

Why doesn't the T762 support DTS 24/96? Trust me, it isn't a deal breaker since so few discs have it and I prefer the MLP tracks on the Queen DVD-A discs I have, but was just wondering. Also, how does the remote look? I hear that it's better than the Rotel 1055's.

Reg

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I asked Yawa about the remote too, tech support should respond on Mon. I already have a universal/prog. remote, but it would be cool if I could use the one that comes with the receiver. 96/24 DTS is not important to me. Does anyone know if this unit has an RS232 or other type of port for upgrades like the Marantz SR7300, 8200/8300 (coming) and 9200/9300? I am also considering the 8300, but it is going to cost about $500 more than the NAD, and the NAD has quite a few features that I would really like to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks