Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The ongoing "Big Brother 4" thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
391 replies to this topic

#381 of 392 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
What I can't fathom is why players are so vitriolic in their diary room "confessionals". Just play it cool and funny, not cruel and crummy.
Quote:
My guess would be that the producers direct them to be nasty in the diary room. Or at least prod them a bit. As we all know, "nasty" certainly makes better tv than "nice'.

I agree with this Jack. I also think that the producers do a very fine job in picking several reasonably volatile people as a goodly part of their personality mix. And also ones who are not particularly self-analytical. How many times did we hear Nathan say something like, ‘I go with my gut’? Or Robert just explode in a fit of anger? Or Dana?

I figure that they give potential contestants a battery of personality tests and make sure that they get someone who will be outspoken about gays and a gay or two in the same mix (see last Survivor, for example). Or people who are somewhat lazy and some who are obsessively diligent.

Mix the cocktail very carefully and ‘boom!’
¡Time is not my master!

#382 of 392 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 10:14 AM

I didnt see every single episode but I am just glad Ali didnt win.
From some people comments I am guessing she actually slept with some of the guys or did she just make out with them?
Either or, I find it Funny that her boyfriend would be willing to take her back after all her sexual mechanations.

#383 of 392 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
From some people comments I am guessing she actually slept with some of the guys or did she just make out with them?

No she did not (at least to my knowledge), but she cuddled up with them and used her feminine wiles. Posted Image
¡Time is not my master!

#384 of 392 OFFLINE   Owen S

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 10:22 AM

I was not enamored with Erica but don't you think they were a little harsh on the gal.How many times did they bring up her gaffe?The producers obviously wanted an edgier show this year but this looked like piling on to me.
On another note,did anyone besides me see jealousy raise it's ugly head in the form of voting against the stronger more competitive player and instead voting for whatever other choice was available? They couldn't beat her in the game so a weakling pack mentality set in.The green-eyed monster lives on! I should have seen it coming. Owen

#385 of 392 OFFLINE   Owen S

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 10:55 AM

I am guessing she actually slept with some of the guys or did she just make out with them?
Well does giving Nathan a hand job count? Ali did and I watched it all on the live feed.:b Seriously,very very little was left to the imagination.I even needed a smoke after that one.Posted Image That ol'Nate's a hard man to beat.
Congrats Lew on nailing,er,making all the right picks.Posted Image

#386 of 392 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 03:26 PM

Owen, if Ali did give Nathan a hand. Then that would explain her boyfriends absence. He could probably have forgiven the cuddling, but that might have crossed the line.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#387 of 392 OFFLINE   Owen S

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 04:41 PM

C'mon Todd "might have crossed the line".That is Wayside NJ,planet Earth,right?Posted Image Owen

#388 of 392 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted September 26 2003 - 05:58 AM

> Well does giving Nathan a hand job count? Ali did and I watched it all on the live feed.

No wonder he used the veto on her. Was there any head of household? Posted Image

#389 of 392 OFFLINE   Owen S

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted September 26 2003 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image Lotsa head cases,alas no head.

#390 of 392 OFFLINE   John Geelan

John Geelan

Screenwriter

• 1,092 posts

Posted September 27 2003 - 11:05 AM

I wonder if Dana is still "pissed-awf"!! Posted Image
JohnG

(Proud Home Theater Forum Donor)

Sony KDS-R50XBR1 (SXRD)Denon AVR3806/ DVD3910Toshiba HD-DVD XA2/ Sony PS3Onix Rockets RS550MKIIsSVS 25-31CS subwoofer

#391 of 392 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted October 14 2003 - 02:46 AM

Saw this link to Erika's site, looks like BB4 is coming to DVD.

#392 of 392 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted October 14 2003 - 10:05 AM

If it has nudity, I'll rent it.

Forum Nav Content I Follow