What's new

shipping HT internationally (1 Viewer)

Jaden Wong

Agent
what do u gus think if i purchase a HT system and ship it internationally?????

do u think if i a buy a sony htddw750 from america, do u think it will work in australia like the power supply will be compatible with the australian standards.

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Jayden

Just got back from Oz visiting the in-laws for the first time. I must say that Sydney was one of the best looking and cleanest places I have ever visited!!! Looking forward to returning. Got to spend a couple of days in Sydney on each end of the trip. Most of our time was spent in Darwin. Was there a total of a month. Great trip!!!!

As far as using an HT system in Oz, you should be able to buy a converter VERY cheaply. All your doing is stepping down from 240 to 120 and that is very inexpensive.

Now, if the system comes with a DVD player, that is another problem. The DVD players here are a different format than those downunder. You probably wouldn't get much use out of a DVD player from the states.

Tracy

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
I went and looked up that Sony and saw that it does not come with a DVD player, so you should be fine with a power converter. Now the usual caveats, I am not an electrician, and I'm not that familiar with any problems with power spikes and such over there.......

But I still don't see why you "couldn't" use it.

Why not buy over there? We saw some pretty decent pricing on stuff over there. We even bought the in-laws a HTIB and set it up for them. Not a top end unit, but better than what they were used to. I also found that electronics stores there have an unpublished "cash" price if you just ask. I even got the one we bought from to haggle for a slightly lower price than the cash price offered :D .....

As much shopping as there is in Sydney, I would think that it would be cost prohibitive to buy here and ship all the way over there. Especially since you are closer to where the electronics are made than we are......;)

Tracy

Jaden Wong

Agent
hey tracy......thats nice to hear that u had a good time over here.....

after doin some research the htddw750 sony is different in aus compared to the us version.... the aus version is 5x115 watts per channel and the sub is 100watts.....I was so confused when the guy at the sony shop gave me that model number and i looked it up on the net.... i think i will purchase the system over here because the shipping costs r alot when u purchase over internationally.......

since u know the conversion fees and all what do u think of the HT for $887 aus dollar....it usually retails at $1199 aus.... but the sony shop is having a special at the moment...

here r the specs but its slightly different to the american one as it gives out 115x5 and its a 100 watt sub...
check it out tracy....
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...EAAAD2jrnZcgg6

its at the bottom of the page.......

thanks
ben

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ben

A quick search found that the Sony htddw750 can be had for $269US at etronics. That works out to $397AU. But it has different specs than you listed that you can get from Oz. This one is indeed 5x100 w/75 watt sub.

The one that you can get for $887AU would be equal to about $600US. I don't know what the difference in the two would be sound wise or how much they would charge to ship internationally.

Did you ask the guy at the Sony shop about a cash price? You may also check some of the electronic specialty stores around there to compare prices. Maybe you could get them to price match if you can find a lower price.

I did a quick search for online sales in Oz and didn't come up with much. You might have better luck. The best advice I can give is to comparison shop and shop with your own ears. Go listen to that system with some of your own music/movies that you know how they should sound...

Good Luck
Tracy

Jaden Wong

Agent
hi tracy.....

I have been going around different electronic stores and their systems r so overpriced for that sony.... one store asked me where did i get that price and i said sony shop and he goes that the cost price for those systems r about 870 so he reckons im getting a bargain for $887.....

yeah i know those systems prices at $267 in e-srtores look good but i got a quote from one website and the shipping only costs about $270 and thats not including sales tax yet...... i asked a guy at the sony shop y is is so cheap in america and he goes nah its not cheaper u havent calcualteed shipping plus tax costs.....
so yeah i think im gonna purchase that sony HT system for $887 might b picking it up in 2 days
thanks for ur help champ

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ben

No problem. One last thing tho. There is no sales tax on internet purchases, unless you are including GST. I'm not sure how it works in Oz with internet sales, but here, if you are buying on the internet from out of state, there is no sales tax applied to the purchase. I guess it may be different with the GST....

Good luck with your system!!

Tracy

Jaden Wong

Agent
i got my system today......
its beautifullllllllllllllllll
compared to my last old stereo speakers.... when music is playing. the sound is so crisp and clear...its mad because u can actually hear the song words more clearer....
i got the systwm for $885..... i think i did a good job..... but u know u always learn from purchasing.......

what i need now is a HDTV pack from xbox to take advantage of the clean graphics of the xbox and the use of optical cables coz i havent got any and i cant take advantage of the surround sound........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks