What's new

Mac hater! (spoken in Dutch accent) (1 Viewer)

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I've never taken sides in this on-going spat between Mac and PC, but I sure have enjoyed the creative lengths users have gone to express their opinions. I loved Will Ferrell's Santa switch ads.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
P.S. John, I like your computer specs. I have an A7N8X Deluxe myself with Uber Bios 1005 and an Athlon XP 2500+. :)

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Andrew...it's a great board...I almost got that Barton when it came out ;)

/end thread hijack

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think his WMV is an oxy moron for his statement :D If he was using a Mac, he could have produced a kickin QT using Sorenson.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He could have done the same on a PC. The problem is that Sorenson looks like crap until you hit the 8-9MB/min range for a decent screen size.

Windows Media does great with small files

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
That was the funniest thing I've seen in a while... why doesn't apple just not be in business anymore...HAHAHA

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Shame on you, Brett. A fan of an underdog like Acoustic Research should appreciate Apple's position. I'll be returning the Performance center shortly.

;)

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
None of these is applicable to Mac OS X, with a possible of exception of undelete (which you can't do easily in NTFS either).

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Funny, but it actually sounds like Windows more than Mac.

Not only does my PC lock up at inopportune times (like when I'm 2 minutes into a DVD), it hangs with this god-awful, Emergency Broadcast System style drone. That whole diatribe the guy did about trying to turn the damn computer off pretty much happens when MY PC locks up. :angry:

Get me in front of that camera and I'll happily do the same thing to my computer.

Other than seeming like he's talking about the wrong operating system, though, I found it quite funny. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Brian, he was making very specific MacOS complaints. The same I've been making for years. And yes that includes OS X. They still insist on the same freaking interface, and the same stupid shortcutting he's referring to. At least with Windows you can train it to stop doing that.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nope. SOS. Cutesy names, hiding functionality, And that Taskbar clone drives me absolutely insane. I have yet to find a way to turn off the cutesy animation

Sure they were only able to get the thing stable by giving it a UNIX Core, but that still doesn't mean that programs are stable

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many folks who complain about their Windows boxes crashing can't name the manufacturer of their machine's (cheapo) power supply or RAM or chipset.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Meh. Here I go.

Nope. SOS. Cutesy names, hiding functionality, And that Taskbar clone drives me absolutely insane. I have yet to find a way to turn off the cutesy animation
Have you even used OSX? To turn off the genie effect, you go to System Preference / Dock. Done.

SOS? Cutesy names? Hiding functionality? Yeah. Windows *never* hides functionality or uses goofy names for things. And I love how in windows, to shut off the computer, you go to the "Start" menu.

And as far as crashing, here's my uptime report for my Mac:

[Joshua-Fruhlingers-Computer:~] stencil% uptime
2:48PM up 89 days, 19:40, 2 users, load averages: 0.87, 0.77, 0.55

Users who are viewing this thread