What's new

Need advice real bad... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I posted a few days ago regarding my trouble with hooking cable up to my vcr through my digital cable box and receiver etc...anyway, I received some good advice but I am one of those guys that is afraid to touch anything after its hooked up scared that I might unhook something else and forget how to get it back to normal....the advice I got stated to "insert vcr cable between the digital cable box and the tv, so that the cable will come from the wall, into the cable box, out of the cable box into the vcr, out of the vcr into the television".......My question is, I found a splitter in my drawer that has four outs and one in...do i need this to hook this up?...basically, how do i go about hooking this up in this way described???.....thanks again for any info and advice

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok. This does depend a lot upon what you have. If your TV can take both the round 'F' coax and more, you might not need it.

Your cable box hould have more than 1 output too. You could send the 'F' to the TV, and get a red/white/yellow (composite) set and run it from the back of your cable box to the 3 in's on your VCR, and then run the red/'white/yellow or the round 'F' to a second input on your TV.

So, you might not need that splitter at all. If you do, then the unused connections should be capped with a terminator. Radio Shack sells those. It would go something like this.
1. Wall to cable box in
2. cable box out 'F' connector to TV
3. cable box out red/white/yellow to VCR in
4. VCR out 'F' OR red/white/yellow to TV (2nd) in

Hope that helps.

Glenn

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
Glen said it well. The key is wall cable to the cable box 1st, (not the VCR). You only need a 2-way splitter if you do not have a 2-tuner TV and want PIP, (pic-in-pic), or with a A/B switch for Xbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks