Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice real bad...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   JayKellen

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted June 29 2003 - 06:47 AM

I posted a few days ago regarding my trouble with hooking cable up to my vcr through my digital cable box and receiver etc...anyway, I received some good advice but I am one of those guys that is afraid to touch anything after its hooked up scared that I might unhook something else and forget how to get it back to normal....the advice I got stated to "insert vcr cable between the digital cable box and the tv, so that the cable will come from the wall, into the cable box, out of the cable box into the vcr, out of the vcr into the television".......My question is, I found a splitter in my drawer that has four outs and one in...do i need this to hook this up?...basically, how do i go about hooking this up in this way described???.....thanks again for any info and advice

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted June 29 2003 - 09:53 AM

Ok. This does depend a lot upon what you have. If your TV can take both the round 'F' coax and more, you might not need it. Your cable box hould have more than 1 output too. You could send the 'F' to the TV, and get a red/white/yellow (composite) set and run it from the back of your cable box to the 3 in's on your VCR, and then run the red/'white/yellow or the round 'F' to a second input on your TV. So, you might not need that splitter at all. If you do, then the unused connections should be capped with a terminator. Radio Shack sells those. It would go something like this. 1. Wall to cable box in 2. cable box out 'F' connector to TV 3. cable box out red/white/yellow to VCR in 4. VCR out 'F' OR red/white/yellow to TV (2nd) in Hope that helps. Glenn

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   scott>sau

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted July 03 2003 - 02:40 PM

Glen said it well. The key is wall cable to the cable box 1st, (not the VCR). You only need a 2-way splitter if you do not have a 2-tuner TV and want PIP, (pic-in-pic), or with a A/B switch for Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users