Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

xbox and the component pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jaden Wong

Jaden Wong

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted June 26 2003 - 07:37 PM

I have an xbox and im going to buy on of those HDTV packs for the use of component cables. I havent purchased a HT system yet... i was wondering if i can plug the audio cables bak in the tele?????

If anyone has the HDTV pack what kind of audio cables do they issue for u to plug into the HT system? is it the standard red and yellow cables??? or coaxial????

By having component cables for the xbox, does the reciever have to sopport component cables????

sorry for being dumb but im a serious noob to all audio stuff

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   LeeH

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 04:14 AM

Are you using a HDTV? I was in the same situation as you. If you are not using a HDTV then you could cause yourself some problems. There are four HDTV formats, 1080i, 720p, and 480i/p. Basically if your TV doesn't support any of these then just buy the advanced a/v pack. It has an S-Video output (I can't tell the difference between component and s-video when it comes to my x-box), Composite, analog l/r (red and yellow) audio, and an optical for full 5.1 in game Dolby Digital (it really is awesome). So when you do get a HT system you can hook up the optical cables.
Updated HT Updated 10/30/03

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jaden Wong

Jaden Wong

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 01:34 PM

how do i check if my television does support 1080i, 720p, and 480i/p. Im pretty sure my tele is not HDTV, but i have read some posts and some ppl have said that if ur tele supports component cables then purchase the HDTV pack......
this is my tele
http://www.panasonic......6-68&cat=1_1

can u tell me if i can use the HDTV pack

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   LeeH

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 01:51 PM

480i is only what your TV supports, which is truly not HD. You may want to leave the component inputs open for a DVD player, but if you don't have one then go for the HD pack. I think it would be a waste though because you can't actually use the High Definition capability (since your TV does not support it).
Good luck!
Updated HT Updated 10/30/03

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jaden Wong

Jaden Wong

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 01:59 PM

yeah but component is better then s-video