What's new

My setup is screwed up....please help..?? (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I have my PS2, VCR, DVD Player, and TV hooked up to my receiver...I actually had a buddy of mine help me hook all this up...anyway, all is fine, except for two things...number one, I also have a Dreamcast, and he told me that to play it, I have to go to the back of the TV and unhook my PS2 from the back of the TV and hook Dreamcast stuff to it...that is a real pain in the you know what to do that everytime, since I have an entertainment center kiddie cornered in my basement....is there any product I can buy or anything I can do to hook all of this up without messing with cords again???.....the second problem, which is a bigger problem, is that I cannot record anything on my vcr now....I believe the cable is hooked from my digital cable box to my tv, and am not sure what to do to run cable to my vcr as well, because I do a lot of recording when I am not home at night....I know there is a simple solution, but I have not figured it out and it is stressing me out greatly.....any info would be appreciated and I know this isnt entirely a Home Theatre thread, but my vcr is part of my home threater so technically I think it is okay.....thanks

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You can buy a switchbox for pretty cheap that you can use to split your game systems and whatever else you want, and just look to see where your cable is going from your cable box. If it isn't going to the vcr, route it through the vcr, or if you have composite or svideo outputs on your box and inputs on your vcr you can hook it up that way.

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
Does your receiver have video switching?

If your receiver has video inputs:

Run ps2, dvd, and dreamcast video plugs into the inputs on the receiver. then there will be a video output or "monitor Out" on the receiver and run just one video cable from that to your TV. then use receiver to switch to what you want to use. problem solved

if your receiver doen't have video inputs:

you will have to buy a video switcher or what they call an a/b switch. you can buy one for anywhere from $20-$40 usually at any circuit city, best buy, or radio shack. Run ps2 and dreamcast into the switcher and one cable will come out of the switcher to your tv. so then you just hit button on switch to which one you want to use. problem solved

now your vcr. your friend hooked it up where cable comes from wall into cable box, then to tv. just insert vcr between cable box and tv. so cable will come from wall into cable box, out of cable box into vcr, out of vcr into tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks