What's new

Help with movie crossword puzzle (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
There is a crossword puzzle in this months "Premiere" magazine. I believe I've filled in all but one letter. Maybe somebody could help me out...

34 Down, 3 letters: "Juice, Furious-style"

I've got G_N. So does it mean gin? (Does everybody in 2 Fast, 2 Furious drink gin?) Or does it mean gun? Or is it something else altogether? :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Is it possible that you got the "N" wrong? "Gas" seems like a more plausible answer to the clue.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm less sure about the "G" than I am about the "N."

The N was from BRYANSINGERBANCOWBOY. The clue was something like "Mutant director rustles Travolta ride?" The puzzle had several of these where a director's name is combined with a movie title. I remember ANGLEEGUEOFTHEIROWN and FGARYGRAYSINGARIZONA were in there.

I'm not as confident about the G. The clue was something like (and I don't have the puzzle with me right now) "Bruce Almighty genre, in pitch meeting." I had something like BI--O-EDY. I figured that meant BI- COMEDY. I decided on "big comedy," but I don't know. Does "biocomedy" make sense? Or "biz comedy"? That would make the "Furious" answer "O-N" or "Z-N." Do they call owning a car "juicing" it? Or do they try to reach a zen-like state of "juice" by driving really fast?

And again, thanks to all for thinking about this for me.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member

Could it be BIBLOMEDY (man does that ever sound dumb).

Of course, that doesn't really work with the original source of the question, because I can't think of what B_N could be as far as "Juice" goes.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Biblomedy? That's brilliant! I'm sure you're right.

Could it be "ban"? As in: "Okay, young undercover cop, find out who's been driving the cars with the super engines that have been juiced by the government."

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The "juice" used in TFATF was Nitrous Oxide, refered to (and very annoyingly, I might add) as "NOS" (prounounced 'Noss'', because they used Nitrous systems put out by N-O-S. How this answers the crossword puzzle, I don't know, but the "juice" was most definately "NOS".

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Jeff on this one. The first thing I thought of (before even reading any farther) was "NOS"...

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Well, crap. Now I am thoroughly confused.

Thanks for the info, now back to the drawing board...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
because I can't think of what B_N could be as far as "Juice" goes.
BEN for benzine? :) A euro term for gas.

Actually, could it be NOS for Nitros Oxide System? As in a car "juiced" with nitros oxide?

Oh wait... someone already posted that one... sheesh.. I should really learn to read.. it would make this forum experience much more enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks