Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer 45TX questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brad Newton

Brad Newton

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 12:05 AM

Should receive my receiver this week, but now I have some questions after reading posts on this forum and looking over the owners manual:
1. Will I have to assign the digital inputs even if I use the default settings (i.e. #3 for dvd via coax)
2. Do you have to disable the inputs not in use, or is there any way to do this
3. Can I just run the digitalaudio from the dvd to the receiver, and run the video and analog audio to the tv.
4. The manual recommends connecting the analog from the satellite to the receiver - why is that, even though I will be connecting the digital audio to the receiver.
5. I will have a separate sub, should I choose "plus" in the sub setup, should I use Bass Peak,
6. What should I set the sub's volume to prior to running the MCAAC, the manual states approximately 1/2.
7. Should all speakers be set to small or only the fronts to gain maximum performance, shoud crossover be 80?
8. Since I don't have a tv that uses component, do I have to assign the component inputs on the receiver
9. Is the channel level & delay set during the MCAAC
10. The manual talks about Acoustic Calibration Equilization, Trim & Dynamic Range control - what do these do.
Sorry for so many questions, but I am excited about getting my receiver and can't wait to hook it up.
May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Pollmann

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 03:16 AM

Brad-

Did you order your receiver online? If so where from? I'm about to get one and am looking for recommendations as to where to purchase. (The best price I've seen is from a place called Hometheaterphiles, but I've never heard of them before.)

(Sorry I don't have answers to your questions! Posted Image)

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Brad Newton

Brad Newton

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 04:15 AM

Yes, I did. It was from an authorized elite dealer. Send me a pm & I will reply with the person that I dealt with.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Andy Young

Andy Young

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 03:35 AM

I just set up my 45TX last weekend. I'll take a stab at your questions:
    [*]No. However, assigning inputs is one of the easiest things to do.[*]No. No reason you have disable them. Yes. It's easy to disable the digital inputs not in use.[*]Yes. I don't know why you'd want to do that, but no reason you couldn't.[*]So you can record programs to a VCR. VCRs cannot record digital audio. If you want to record a program off of satellite, then you must use analog audio (and select analog on the receiver).[*]I personally don't like plus. It means that the bass signals are being produced by your subwoofer and your "large" speakers. This can potentially sound more bassy or it can potentially lead to wave cancellation. Even though I have floor-standing front mains, I prefer to set them to "small" and route all of my bass to the subwoofer. Definitely set your bass peak level. This just allows your receiver to send as large a signal as possible to your sub without blowing it. If you don't set it, you may have a somewhat muted sounding sub (peak level defaults very low).[*]I think I had mine at 3/4. It's no big deal because MCACC will offset the sub according to the room. Mine ended up being -9.0 db. If I had had it at 1/2, then the offset would have been less negative. Either way, the output after offset would be the same.[*]Listen and decide what sounds best to you. That's the best way to answer that question. I have Paradigm speakers (Phantom, CC-270, and Atoms) and prefer to set tham all to "small," even though MCACC sets them all to "large." This ensures that all bass frequencies are routed through my sub. I like the 80 Hz crossover, though I haven't played with the setting much.[*]No.[*]Yes. MCACC sets everything. It's quite impressive.[*]This is all the MCACC stuff. It totally sets up your speakers -- volume, delay, size (though I changed it to small), and equalization.
Have fun with your new toy.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Brad Newton

Brad Newton

Second Unit

• 386 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 04:20 AM

Thanks for the help

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Steve_Moo

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator

• 171 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 02:51 PM

I agree the MCACC is a ammazing feature for a Receiver. This is definately something that I thought would not be needed, but since I purchased the 45TX I am a believer.

Highly Rec'd this Receiver.