-

Photo
- - - - -

A problem I can't figure out.... help me please.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Cory Pals

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 03:23 PM

Ok....

I have a Proscan 38 inch (tube) widescreen HDTV that has been calibrated with the Sound and Vision DVD. my DVD player is a RCA progressive scan DVD player hooked up to the TV with the RGB cables. My problem is this.

Whenever I play a DVD that is 2.35 to 1 the picture is fine except when the is a lot of white on the screen during a movie. Examples include the part of Attack of the Clones when Obi-Wan meets with two kaminoians and Die Another Day when Bond tries to ourrace the lazer on the iceshelf. The top right hand portion of the letterbox starts to buckle to the left about an inch downwards into the picture warping that portion of the picture. The picture does not do this when i watch a 1.85 to 1 movie (those fill up the whole screen). Any suggestions of what the hell is going on?

Corman
10/15/2003- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!
12/29/2009- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeremy:L

Jeremy:L

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 03:36 PM

I hope your TV is still under warranty. Sorry that's not very helpful, but that don't sound good. You might try wiggling all the connections to make sure they're tight...

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 05:38 PM

You're saying that when you have a nearly completely white picture, the image appears to pull downward in the upper corner? Has this set only recently begun exhibiting this behavior?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Cory Pals

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 06:40 AM

Jack,

I've had a bit of time this afternoon to tinker with things.... the image pulls to the left when there is a nearly white picture. I tried playing the same part of Episode 2 that pulls left on the DVD player on my PS@ and the image does not pull left at all.

Go figure that one. Maybe I need a new DVD player.

Corman
10/15/2003- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!
12/29/2009- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ShaunLB

ShaunLB

Stunt Coordinator

• 141 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 07:33 AM

There are a few images in Episode 2 that have a lot of white that make my image distort a bit too. U might check to see if its related to your contrast (i.e. different contrast for different inputs for the DVD and PS2). I can lower my contrast to the point the image is too dark, but all white-distortion goes away). Just a thought.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted June 24 2003 - 07:40 AM

Well, that's pretty much what I was going to say. Lower your contrast and see what happens. This sort of thing happens with weak power supplies that are overdriven.