Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New tv series Peacemakers starring Tom Berenger....

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,029 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 05:28 AM

I saw a commercial for a new tv series called "Peacemakers" that will air on USA network starting July 30. All I know from the brief commercial I saw. Was that Tom plays some sort of lawman in the old west. It looked interesting from what I saw. Does anyone know anything more about this show? I checked the USA channel website and found nothing.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Brian_FSullivan

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 05:57 AM

Here's USA's press release on the subject (slightly old): Every Crime Leaves A Trail ... Forensic Investigation Is Born in USA Network's Original Western Series Peacemakers Premiering This Summer Starring Tom Berenger and Peter O'Meara LOS ANGELES, April 4 /PRNewswire/ -- USA Network announced today a pick-up of the original western series Peacemakers. The two-hour back-door pilot will premiere in July 2003, followed by eight one- hour weekly episodes. The Western Frontier is disappearing as encroaching civilization and the industrial age meet in 1882. Nowhere is the clash of the old and new more evident than in law enforcement. With the advent of such innovations as fingerprinting and photography, modern police investigation is born. Peacemakers revolves around the often contentious relationship between a grizzled, middle-aged Federal Marshall played by Tom Berenger (Platoon, Major League) and his cocky young deputy played by Peter O'Meara (Band of Brothers), who is a former Pinkerton agent from Chicago with a degree from Yale and a wagonload of forensic equipment. Peacemaker's two-hour pilot is completed and the production of the eight new episodes will begin in May 2003. Rick Ramage (Stigmata, Haunted) is the writer/executive producer and the director/co- executive producer is Larry Carroll (Brimstone, The Huntress). Michael R. Joyce (USA's Attila, Atomic Train) serves as producer. The production company is Michael R. Joyce Productions, Inc.
Brian Ford Sullivan
Editor-In-Chief
The Futon Critic
http://www.thefutoncritic.com

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 07:36 AM

Sad that this guy went from A list star in such movies as Platoon and The Big Chill to doing this. Cross CSI with The wild West and what do you get?? The Peacemakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users