What's new

Breakfast Club re-release on Sept 2???!! (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Good to see Universal getting off their arses to finally re-release some DVDs that really need it. Hopefully, Scarface is confirmed soon.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Are these all going to be barebones dvds?, because if they are im only getting wierd science, and just keep the older version of breakfast club that i have. Anyway the reason for the delay looks like it was simply just to call them back to school versions. :thumbsdown:

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Sweet. I have a feeling The Breakfast Club is a movie I won't like anymore, but I'll probably pick it up if the price is right. And I'm all over Weird Science.

Mark

MichaelG

Second Unit
I have also waiting for Three O'Clock High, and of course anamorphic Breakfast Club, Weird Science and Sixteen Candles.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Anamorphic and DTS for all three John Hughes titles? Sounds cool.

Hope there's extras!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'll check out Breakfast Club sometime. Now if only Universal would re-release Happy Gilmore in its OAR and give it some good special features!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Oh come on now- Breakfast Club was released in mono- they better include the original soundtrack in addition to the bastardized 5.1 tracks.

Declan

Second Unit
a happy child of the 80's i am now. Got Some Kind of Wonderful a few weeks back. never seen it....loved it.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Now if only Universal would re-release Happy Gilmore in its OAR and give it some good special features!
I was just watching part of "Happy Gilmore" on USA yesterday. There was an added scene in which Happy tells the orderly (Ben Stiller) that his grandma has told him everything concerning the abuse she and other patients have received from him (the orderly) at the nursing home. The orderly then proceeds to lie to Happy by falsely explaining that his grandma is senile and can't remember anything or even who she is. Happy then throws the orderly out of the second floor window. Very funny! I too would love to have a 16x9 1.85:1 SE of HG. I wonder if there's any additional or extended scenes of Bob Barker available? Those (if available) would be cool to see.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
As long as Universal doesn't cancel these I'll be happy.
John Bender returns to DVD on Sept. 2!
"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
"Don't you want to hear my excuse? I'm thinkin' of tryin' out for a scholarship."
And of course...
"Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. The bartender says, I guess you won't be needing a drink. Naked lady says--OH SH*T!"

John Stone

Supporting Actor
This is fantastic news. I've been wanting all 4 of these movies on DVD (16x9 enhanced) for as long as I've owned a DVD player. September 2 is shaping up to be a very expensive day indeed, but one I'm really looking forward to! :)

Here's what I'll be picking up (so far):

[09/02/2003]
  1. Breakfast Club, The (1985)
  2. Fletch Lives (1989)
  3. Link Removed
  4. Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life (1983): Special Edition
  5. PCU (1994)
  6. Sixteen Candles (1984)
  7. Three O'Clock High (1987)
  8. Tightrope (1984)
  9. Weird Science (1985)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks