What's new

Just bought JVC 30k DVHS player, recommend some titles! (1 Viewer)

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I just purchased the jvc DVHS 30k from onecall, and I need some movies I just purchased Fast and the furious and and am going to preorder all 3 titles due on July 29th but what are the best titles PQ wise. Does anyone know if bestprices.com charges when you place an order or when the preorder ships.

Where are some good places to buy dvhs movies bestprices seem to have good prices on there titles around $26 to $33.

I cannot wait until Thursday to be in HD heaven. :D

PLEASE NOTE: If you want to bash DVHS go somewhere else, and if you want to bash my first movie choice on DVHS go ahead, there is that much to pick from. :D

Edward Brand

Agent
Hi Joe,

Congratulations on your purchase. I am selling dvd's on e-bay so that I can get a D-VHS deck too.

From what I have read Fast And The Furious, X-Men and U-571 are all 5-star choices for Picture and sound quality.

Bestprices.com offers the cheapest prices that I have been able to find so far.

Enjoy. --Edward

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I just have problems with Black Hawk Down. It seems like every tape can only be played twice before I can see drop outs.

Ice Age is a very extremely absolutely great demo material.

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
BHD< is that out in HD, i did not know that

Edward, yeah I sold some dvd's on ebay to buy it also, actually I sold around 250 of them, because I am redoing my basemnt into a media room, and I had to dig it all out by myself :frowning: and then I have to get it concreteed which is 1000 dollars, so off goes the dvd's , but since I started selling some of my dvd's off I became a ebay powerseller :D

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Joe, Black Hawk Down was probably on HD-PPV, but it's not on D-Theater. Your best bet is to hit bestprices.com and stick to ordering titles listed as "In Stock" from their website. Otherwise, there is the expensive dvhsmovieguide.com and the mid-priced dvdempire.com

I'm 8 for 8 with bestprices.com and highly recommend them.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Nathan , that is what I thought, Yeah I ordered Fast and the furious from bestprices, hopefully I will get it the same day as the 30k, YEah they do have some good prices compared to other websites, more webstores need to start selling them so there is comepetion and we get better prices. :D Should we start a new thread, listing what site has the best price on each titles, kinda like dvdpricesearch put we can just make a thread about it, let me know if you guys would like that, I could start it up.

Skip

Auditioning
Two words, "Ice Age". Also, pick up "The Beauty of Japan". You won't believe your eys.

-Skip

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply skip, do you know where I can get Beauty of Japan, that has it in stock dvhsmovie.com is sold out
thanks Joe Reed

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
I also just acquired the JVC deck from onecall and I have to say that Ice Age is really beautiful. I am also impressed by Independence Day.

However, one title that no one seems to have in stock is U-571. Does anyone know a source for it that has it in stock?

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
I also had a long search for U-571 and found it at DVDPlanet.
One vendor said "This title is no longer available"

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Well I found that Crutchfield has U-571 in stock. Full price but considering all the raves and the difficulty in finding it, it may be the only choice.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Thanks for answering my question, Robert. Forgive my ignorance on this matter but I've always been curious. Do DVHS movies look like standard VHS tapes or are they larger/smaller? Also, does a DVHS movie look considerably better than a DVD movie by comparison? I mean is there a huge difference or would DVHS be something like a Superbit DVD.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
The tapes themselves are physically comparable to regular VHS tapes, but slightly heavier. As far as quality differences between d-vhs and Superbit dvds, consider D-Theater as Megabit. 480p dvd v 1080i dvhs leaves quite a gap.
:)

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
My HDTV only has component and RGB connections...can the JVC 30k (or any other D_VHS deck) play and record 1080i using component or do I have to get firewire???

The onecall price is pretty good, I will probably saving when they hit $500 (assuming I wont need to buy a new HDTV for a firewire or DVI connection!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks