Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate SG-1 - 6/20/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 04:17 PM

Ok, I like this show. Not as much as some others that got canceled (another topic). Anyway, I want to say that this episode was pretty ... great.Posted Image Different then the norm. It started a bit slow, but the end was pretty cool. Would you like to go back to high school? I can't decide.

#2 of 12 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 09:12 PM

I thought it was a really good episode as well. I'd still like to see something that advances the plot (Lost City of the Ancients anyone)...but I thought this was a really good side-story episode. The kid that played Jack's clone was particularly good. He really had RDA's mannerisms, etc down.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#3 of 12 CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 11:46 PM

I have been wondering if Loki would ever show up. And there he was :-)

capt

#4 of 12 Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,670 posts

Posted June 21 2003 - 01:57 AM

I enjoyed it very much. Maybe we will see young Jack again in future episodes.

Posted Image

#5 of 12 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 21 2003 - 07:16 AM

Don't forget, they only have RDA for 8 more episodes this season. I'm sure he's willing to do bits in other eps, but only 10 full eps total. Therefore this was a great way to keep him out.

The kid was great, he really did have O'Neill down Posted Image

#6 of 12 DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted June 22 2003 - 12:40 AM

Ehh? I never knew RDA was distancing himself from the show. Any particular reason why?

He makes the show for me and has since the first one. Course MacGuyver was a favorite show of mine growing up:b

#7 of 12 Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted June 22 2003 - 06:12 PM

Also thought this was a great episode. The kid rocked.

Why is RDA only in for 8 episodes this season?
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#8 of 12 CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted June 22 2003 - 10:05 PM

From reading the list of episodes from this season and descriptions its kind of hard for RDA to only be in 8 episodes.

capt

#9 of 12 Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 01:00 AM

Jeff, care to site sources? I can't find anything on this?

-Scott

#10 of 12 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 02:44 AM

It's on GateWorld somewhere, the only quote I could find quickly-

"Hopefully, by the end of August, we should be finished production on the show's seventh season. Given Rick's schedule this season, everyone involved has worked very hard to ensure we get maximum O'Neill in the shooting days allotted. A couple of episodes in the latter half of the season may see O'Neill dealing with an off-world situation 'sans SG-1.'" (Our Stargate online chat with executive producer Joseph Mallozzi)

#11 of 12 Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 04:23 AM

Ok, I'll bite too. Where does it say that?

He did an interview on sci-fi.com last week and didn't mention that at all. Kind of weird, if you ask me.

Glenn

#12 of 12 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 05:52 AM

I seem to recall seeing that he wasn't signed for a full 22 episodes, but the number seemed to be in the 16-18 range, rather than ten.

And last week's - yeeeech. It actually had some decent sci-fi ideas in it that fit the show's background, but I really get annoyed by scenes where O'Neil acts like a jackass, which was about 2/3 of this one. Similarly, the behavior of the pilots during Carter's briefing struck me as wrong. Maybe I've read too much Stephen Coonts, but I tend to expect military personnel to act a little (or a lot) more professionally.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...