Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

S-video and component video hookups - picture differences

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Chuck Paskovics

Chuck Paskovics

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 06:22 AM

I have some issues I'm trying to resolve with my hookups. I have my DVD player going through the receiver via S-video and also directly to the tv via component. Some things I've noticed about the 2: -Obviously, the component picture is much better. However, still frames (such as dvd menus) seem to be jittery (or rather not perfectly still, almost like a very slight flicker) when viewed under the component input. When I switch to the S-video input, the still pictures are perfectly still, as they should be. Is this normal? Could this be a setting i've missed or the cables themselves causing this? DVD player: Pioneer DV-444 Receiver: Pioneer elite 36TX TV: Panny PT-47WX52 S-video cable: AR pro series 12ft component cable: AR pro series 12ft -the second thing I've noticed is solid black fields. Under the component input the black is perfectly uniform, but under the S-video there seems to be a strange 'noise' that you can subtly see taking up the bottom half of the screen, almost like a low grade version of what you would get if you paused a video tape. Any help and suggestions would be great!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ritchie T

Ritchie T

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted June 21 2003 - 03:46 AM

sorry I cant really help you...but I do get that same problem with using component cables (the jiterry effect). Right when the DVD goes into the menu screen, I see a slight 'jump' from the menu. After that, it stays still. I always wondered about that. I used a different DVD player with an s-video connection, and I dont get that problem. Im wondering the same thing just as you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users