What's new

Anthrax - We've Come For You All (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I wouldn't have even known Anthrax had a new release except that I overheard a passing reference to the band somewhere and checked out their site. I missed release date by a week, but I don't think there were any good deals on it anyway so I'm ok with that.

That all being said, WCFYA is a solid Anthrax album. It definitely sounds like Anthrax in their post-Joey days. For me, that does mean that the music is good, but there just isn't the hook as in some of their older, classic material. Now that's not to say I don't enjoy the album - I do. In fact, it's growing on me as I listen to it more.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Anthrax has a new album.....killer. I really enjoyed the sound of white noise and stomp 41 (I think that is the name) both those albums I think are some of the best stuff they have did. Mainly because they have a new voice! Joey was good for the thrash days, but the new voice enhances the band for me......Great news..looks like another trip back to best buy or c.c.

Thanks for the heads up
R~

Duane R

Second Unit
I think this album is more of a return to their White Noise days myself. It's kinda cool they got Roger Daltrey (sp?) to sing backing vocals on that one tune. I think the new guitarist definately breathed some new life into their music.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Peter -
I like Sound of White Noise - and Stomp 41 - as well. WCFYA sounds a lot like those two albums IMO. I don't feel there are as many memorable songs this time around as on those two, but then again I've only listened to the new album a few times.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Just picked this up a few weeks ago ... definetelly up there with SOWN ... great release. Lots of solid songs and memorable riffs. Actual songs not some Korn imittations as another band that shall remain nameless :D

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
If you like Anthrax, check out Armored Saint. John Bush, of course, is the singer for both bands. A.S. just rereleased Symbol of Salvation which is perhaps their best. It is a 3 CD set with the entire demo version of Symbol as well as the regular studio version. Also, an interview CD is included. It rocks. Check 'em out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks