Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anthrax - We've Come For You All

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,171 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 04:23 AM

I wouldn't have even known Anthrax had a new release except that I overheard a passing reference to the band somewhere and checked out their site. I missed release date by a week, but I don't think there were any good deals on it anyway so I'm ok with that.

That all being said, WCFYA is a solid Anthrax album. It definitely sounds like Anthrax in their post-Joey days. For me, that does mean that the music is good, but there just isn't the hook as in some of their older, classic material. Now that's not to say I don't enjoy the album - I do. In fact, it's growing on me as I listen to it more.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 06:35 AM

I am a big fan of Sound Of White Noise. If you like that one, is this as good as that?

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,263 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 06:45 AM

Anthrax has a new album.....killer. I really enjoyed the sound of white noise and stomp 41 (I think that is the name) both those albums I think are some of the best stuff they have did. Mainly because they have a new voice! Joey was good for the thrash days, but the new voice enhances the band for me......Great news..looks like another trip back to best buy or c.c.

Thanks for the heads up
R~
My DVD Collection

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Duane R

Duane R

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 09:41 AM

I think this album is more of a return to their White Noise days myself. It's kinda cool they got Roger Daltrey (sp?) to sing backing vocals on that one tune. I think the new guitarist definately breathed some new life into their music.
Six worlds prayed to her, they built her temples, conquered planets, and yet one day she still rode off and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying he said "We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?" and she looked down upon him and she whispered, "Because I can".

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,171 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 09:58 AM

Peter -
I like Sound of White Noise - and Stomp 41 - as well. WCFYA sounds a lot like those two albums IMO. I don't feel there are as many memorable songs this time around as on those two, but then again I've only listened to the new album a few times.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 11:47 AM

Just picked this up a few weeks ago ... definetelly up there with SOWN ... great release. Lots of solid songs and memorable riffs. Actual songs not some Korn imittations as another band that shall remain nameless Posted Image

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Romero

Mark Romero

Second Unit

• 391 posts

Posted June 21 2003 - 03:57 AM

If you like Anthrax, check out Armored Saint. John Bush, of course, is the singer for both bands. A.S. just rereleased Symbol of Salvation which is perhaps their best. It is a 3 CD set with the entire demo version of Symbol as well as the regular studio version. Also, an interview CD is included. It rocks. Check 'em out.