What's new

new punisher movie.... (1 Viewer)

Gregory E

Second Unit
I so hope this movie kicks ass. The teaser looks cool....

The original Punisher movie was a piece of shite....worse than Anaconda!

John Doran

Screenwriter
...but Dolph Lundgren carries the Punisher look better than Thomas Jane.
well.......though i perhaps understand where you're coming from, i'm going to have to disagree with you here.

at least in principle: until we actually see more material from the movie i won't know for sure.

i hate lundgren as the punisher.

but that may very well just be me.

- jd

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
:laugh: :laugh:

Amen!

I'm a pretty big Thomas Jane fan. He was great in Boogie Nights, and was able to carry the atrocious Dreamcatcher. I'm really interested to see how he does in this one.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The teaser looks cool. I would have preferred Dominic Puircell for the role, but Jane has the look down. Here's hoping the script delivers :)

Gregory E

Second Unit
Is there any way to save that teaser trailer on my hard drive? I looked in my temporary internet files but it's not in there.....

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
What Frank Castle should look like:
Comic Punisher

What Frank Castle will look like:
Movie Punisher

I actually liked the X-Men visual style transition from comic to film, but why, oh why, will we receive this nonsense for the Punisher?!? My gosh, this movie Punisher looks like a guy who's lived in his parents' garage for the past thirty years...

:frowning: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes::eek: :confused: :angry:
8^B

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Jeez...what is this, Hulk Thread Redux?

How about we wait until we see something other than the teaser before we start with all the gloom and doom talk.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Richard, I think they're going for the more realistic look The Punisher had when Garth Ennis took over the book.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Well, like the Hulk, I hope they improve the CGI as the film moves along to release; They need to digitally remove the weak abs and alter Jane's smirk. Right now, Jane looks like he can't "punish" anyone greater than the neighborhood bully.

8^B

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Punisher does not look good at all...though there isn't much to go on yet, is there? :) I mean come on, what's next? "Powerman & Iron Fist: The Motion Picture" Gimme a freaking break already... :D

-Dennis

Gregory E

Second Unit
Well, like the Hulk, I hope they improve the CGI as the film moves along to release; They need to digitally remove the weak abs and alter Jane's smirk.
That was a joke, right? The Punisher is a real guy...not a CGI character. Do you really think they should try to digitally alter his abs? Do you think a real person can look like this:

This is my favorite pic of the Punisher. But I don't expect a real person to look like this! He just needs the same attitude. :D

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Andy: AGGGHHHH!! :D See what I mean??

I'm kidding of course, as long as they're good films, that's all that matters...

-Dennis

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
What is that music in the teaser, just amazing I think. As for Thomas Jane, I think he can do this. Ever since I saw him in Boogie Nights I have been following his career. It's too bad he doesn't too things that have more substance though.

John Doran

Screenwriter
ricardo's post of the punisher from the cover-art of the current garth ennis issues is right on the money, i think; you have to understand that the punisher really does spend all his time hunting down and killing criminals, and that in order to maintain any sort of large, lean musculature requires the expenditure of a not-insignificant amount of its own time.

basically, a real-world punisher couldn't have the traditional marvel comic physique unless he actually spent some time and effort to maintain it. which he doesn't.

i do wish, though, that they could find a guy that looked like steve dillon's frank castle. that's the real deal, as far as i'm concerned.

but we shall see what we shall see.

- jd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks