What's new

How should I do this DirecTV install? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I am in a new home, with no previous DirecTV dish installed. I have been getting flooded with offers from all of the dish installers in the area, claiming 2 room dish installations for free, etc.

What I want is this:

Bedroom and office - installed with standard receivers.
Media room - installed with HD tuner receiver (the Sony is it, I think).

Aside from the Sony, is this a standard request for installers? Any suggestions on how to structure it?

Finally, better to go through a local Circuit City, or the local dish guy?

Thanks!

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
I would be inclined to say go to Circuit City to get the 2 room deal, you should get the equipment and set up for free. Plus they throw in a gift card, so you can grab a movie or something.
They will hire your "local dish guy" to do the install. Basically they pay him $199.00. You would have to pay him to cover the cost of installing the 3rd receiver. I think I paid around $50 to have him exchange a mutli switch and run 2 additional cables for my DirecTIVO.

Al

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
If you think all you'll have is those three receivers, you could get one of those hd dishes with the built in 4 way splitter and drop all the wires from the dish to wherever.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Try your local Blockbuster. When placing the order tell they you want the Para Tados programming package. This way you will get a free multi-sat dish that you can use with your HD receiver. When it comes time to order programming, you don't actually have to get the Spanish language programming.

Also, I would only get the the one room deal. After it is installed, I would order the DirecTivo from DirecTV using the "Friends and Family" code FFDVR. It's $159+$25shipping and it comes with free installation. Finally, is there any specific reason for the Sony HD receiver. The Zenith model is identical and goes for $100 less at most stores.

-Robert

No reason for the Sony - its the tuner that keeps showing up when I've looked for what I need. I didn't know about the Zenith.

Thanks for the ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks