-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Extreme sports theme music...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted June 20 2003 - 01:58 AM

Okay, I've been trying to collect songs of a particular genre that invoke visions of base jumping, fire belching drag cars, etc...

My problem is, I can only think of a few:

Fuel - Metallica
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue
Human - White Zombie

So, I pose to you this scenario: Let's say you're in charge of finding the theme music for an extreme sports documentary.. what songs would you choose?

#2 of 3 Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted June 22 2003 - 01:19 PM

Apparently, I've nailed the only four.

#3 of 3 Christopher_S

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted June 23 2003 - 01:59 AM

Not at all. Actually, if it were me, I'd look at music by the bands that seem to be most popular in the extreme-sports community. Ska and (new-era) punk seem to be the most popular soundtracks for this kind of thing, you can check Google for "extreme sports punk music" to get a lot of info w/r/t what bands are popular.

The stuff you picked out would go well with extreme sports footage, although I wouldn't call it "authentic", whatever that means. If you want to continue in that vein, though, you might want to listen to some Andrew W.K. Really over-the-top pop-metal stuff, real high energy.
[T]he founders of the Super 8 motel chain must surely have been ignorant of the meaning of suppurate. -- David Foster Wallace

Yapping - teamubermensch.podbean.com/

PS3 - CDStucky360 - Chopper Newt