What's new

Are they making a sequel to "The Ring"? (1 Viewer)

BrentJ

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone knows if they are making a sequel to the U.S. release of The Ring? thanks

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Answer: Yes.

Unfortunately, they have decided not to use the story contained in the Japanese "Ring 2", and are instead using an entirely new story. Which is a pity, because I really liked the Japanese sequel, and even found it to be scarier than the first film.

That reminds me - the prequel "Ring 0" has just come out here. I might get that out tonight.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Ring 0 is pretty good, not as good as Ring 1 & 2. Did you know that there is another version of the Ring that was filmed at the same time as the Japanese version called Spiral.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, they have decided not to use the story contained in the Japanese "Ring 2", and are instead using an entirely new story.
I guess it depends on who you ask but I have heard from numerous people that Ring 2 was awful. I thought that that the first Japanese "Ring" film had horrible pacing and was not nearly as good as the American version. I would definitely be interested in seeing a sequel with original material, especially if Naomi Watts and Gore Verbinski return.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, now I have Microsoft Windows device driver programming flashbacks! The horror!

Windows NT Ring 0 programming....arrrggghh!

BTW, what is the plot synopsis for the already released Ring 2 and Ring 0?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
SPOILERS AHOY!

I think they should highlight another family. It's a decade later, society's falling as the Ring virus spreads. But this kid's like the chosen one, a figure of God. Since Samara's demon spawn, the movie should highlight an epic fight between these two equal but opposite forces. Just my two cents.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I like your plot, but not for a Ring sequel. I'd do it as a separate story. If there is a Ring sequel, I'd like it to feature the same low-key creepiness that made the original so scary to me.

And no scientification of the supernatural elements, like I hear they've done with the book series in Japan :angry:

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I think they should highlight another family. It's a decade later, society's falling as the Ring virus spreads. But this kid's like the chosen one, a figure of God. Since Samara's demon spawn, the movie should highlight an epic fight between these two equal but opposite forces. Just my two cents.
Thats pretty cool Adam...I like it! ;)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Hmm..I wonder what kind of tagline hollywood will paste on the end of a ring sequel?

Ring 2: Call waiting

Ring 2: The DVD edition. (The movie is even more powerful because you can't copy it! :eek:)

Ring 2: Now with more teenagers and top-40 hits!

Ring 2: Reloaded

Ring 2: Samara and the Chamber of Secrets

:laugh:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I like Ring 2: Call Waiting.

Maybe Samara could start using the internet to hack into people's computers?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Imagine Samara sending millions of spam email to everyone. "S3/3N D/YS!!!!!1!" could be the subject header.

And she can deface CNN.com!

Naturally only those with spam filters and high-tech internet firewalls will survive, and participate in the movie's climactic showdown in Everquest...

SlayerDude: Help! There's this chick who is trying to hack into my account and insisting that I have seven days, whatever the hell that means!
+Admin: You are not allowed to have a hacked account. I must ban your account.
SlayerDude: Wait that's crazy!
+Admin: You may appeal in seven days time. Thank you for supporting Sony Online Entertainment. Goodbye.

+++@#$%^&*
NO CARRIER

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
jeff
Ring 2 and Ring 0 are Korean films based from their remake

The ring 2 and ring 0 are both Japanese films. Out of all of them I personally like the Ring 0. I have no idea why!!
The true sequal to the ring is Rasen. But that movie sucks big time. The only Title that was made by Koreans was the Ring Virus. But that was a joint venture between Korean and japanese producers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks